Troubleshooting/Verifying

creature

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2012
I just built a computer and installed windows XP pro - 32 bit. When I was installing the drivers that i downloaded from the manufacturers website for the MB and GPU (14 total), a few of them wouldn't install and a few of them didn't have 'setup' files to run the driver. I have listed the drivers that I was having issues with below:

Mini port – no setup file
Bm_driver_vga_intel_xp_6series – would not install ".NET framework" - After updating windows it installed fine.
Motherboard_driver_intel_sataraid_bootdisk_irst_32 – no setup file
Motherboard_driver_intel_sataraid_irst_ - would not install ".NET framework" - After updating windows tried to run again and I received a message "computer does not meet minimum requirements"

So moving forward, I installed Diablo III. When I start the program, I get a grey screen and it stutters to get to the login screen. One time I tried and it just bogged down and didn't want to run. Then I tried again and it stuttered through but worked. The third time I got a blue screen and the comp restarted, the fourth time it stuttered through but worked. When I am able to get past the login screen, the game runs great.

Each time I run Diablo, I get an error message, which I need to get a screenshot of and show here. I am looking for some insight on what else to do in order to accurately define the issue to post up here.

If it makes any difference, I am playing on my 42" 1080p LCD TV. Please let me know what to do so I can present you guys with the information you need to help me out.

Link to my build: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=31&post=349058&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

creature

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2012
Yeah, I have SP 3, I'll double check my drivers. What do I do with the drivers that don't have setup files? Any idea why the one driver says it wont work with my computer?

creature

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2012
Update: The error message I have been receiving is "The video card is not responding and had to reboot"... or something to that effect.

Also, I've noticed that when I boot XP, after the XP logo comes up with the status bar below it, but before it shows me the login screen, it flashes a pinkish/purple screen.

-Of the ~15 times I've logged into windows, only one of the times after I clicked my login profile, the video card did its 'not responding' thing.
-About 10 of the 12 times after I've opened Diablo it has happened.

After speaking to some people, it was brought up that it might be my RAM causing the issue. So I shut down the comp, took the RAM out, did a quick visual, everything looked OK. I put one stick in tried again, same issues. Changed out the stick, tried again, same issue. So either both sticks are bad or they are both ok.

How do I test to see if my graphics card is bad. I have an OLD Radeon 9000 PRO 128 MB from like 2003, but I dont think that will do me any favors. I can take the 6850 out all together and see if I still get the pink screen but it wont run diablo without a gpu. I'll see if a friend has a card I can try but I doubt it.

Suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS