Closed Solved

Kingston or Corsair

Hello, I'm getting a new computer and I would know who has the best (quality and most reliable) 12 GB DDR3-1600 Ram. I'll be using a I7
processor.
Kingston or Corsair?
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about kingston corsair
  1. Best answer
    Both are good but for value and performance i would recommend you take a look at G.skills
  2. ^ +1
    G.Skills are excellent.

    Also are you sure you require 12GB of RAM, just want to check.
  3. Yes, I want to future proof my system. So you recommend G.skills over Kingston and Corsair? I searched 12GB on the gskills website and I got about 10 results. Which would be the best for a gaming computer?

    http://www.gskill.com/search.php?search=MTJHQg==
  4. ben110 said:
    Yes, I want to future proof my system. So you recommend G.skills over Kingston and Corsair? I searched 12GB on the gskills website and I got about 10 results. Which would be the best for a gaming computer?

    http://www.gskill.com/search.php?search=MTJHQg==

    Just waste of money, what you can with 12Gb also you will can with 8Gb. Think about it...
  5. 6Gb would be plenty for years to come.

    and as others have said, look at G.skill, specifically the Ripjaws stuff.
  6. welshmousepk said:
    6Gb would be plenty for years to come.

    and as others have said, look at G.skill, specifically the Ripjaws stuff.

    Always can upgrade with memory, with another stick.
  7. Yes as said it is a waste of money getting 12GB. Even 3GB is enough for games at the moment.
  8. Wolygon said:
    Yes as said it is a waste of money getting 12GB. Even 3GB is enough for games at the moment.

    Men, right now i play with 2Gb DDR3 and believe me it's very playable.
  9. Thanks but I am still going with 12 because I will use Photoshop and Flash CS5 a lot.
  10. ben110 said:
    Thanks but I am still going with 12 because I will use Photoshop and Flash CS5 a lot.

    I told you, even for CS5 8Gb is enough, but if you want go with 12Gb.

    One is clear, with more memory PC better breathe...
  11. I really think you do not do enough Photoshop to warrant the 12GB of memory. Considering you said that "Yes, I want to future proof my system." when I was the only one who asked. Also you said this is a "gaming computer" not a "high end photoshop workstation".

    Then when others said it was stupid you came up with the "Photoshop" backup for your waste of money. Or did you just become a professional photoshopper overnight? Your certainly pretty quick at that.

    I'm sure you won't listen but go with 6GB and add another 6 if you think you don't have enough.
  12. 8 GB may be enough for CS5 but IMO it's not exactly ideal. The jump from 6GB to 12 is roughly $200 give or take. If the cost is not a big issue then I would go for 12 GB of Corsair.
  13. He is going with an i7 so 8 gigs won't really be a viable option. Either 6 or 12 since he will most likely be Tri-channeling his ram and using 3 sticks, or 6 sticks of 2gig RAM.

    I just got Kingston HyperX T1 and I'm loving them. Price was great @ about 220$ for 6 gigs @ 2000mhz. The cooling fans that come with the ram looks awesome if you have a case that allows you to see inside.. prettty blue lights :)

    as for 6 or 12, I would do some research into the programs you are using and how much RAM each of them eats up. I run Skype, Ventrillo, 2 instances of World of warcraft and FRAPS and don't use up all 6 gigs of my ram, so 12 might be slightly overkill right now /shrug
  14. jchurch83 said:
    He is going with an i7 so 8 gigs won't really be a viable option. Either 6 or 12 since he will most likely be Tri-channeling his ram and using 3 sticks, or 6 sticks of 2gig RAM.

    I just got Kingston HyperX T1 and I'm loving them. Price was great @ about 220$ for 6 gigs @ 2000mhz. The cooling fans that come with the ram looks awesome if you have a case that allows you to see inside.. prettty blue lights :)

    as for 6 or 12, I would do some research into the programs you are using and how much RAM each of them eats up. I run Skype, Ventrillo, 2 instances of World of warcraft and FRAPS and don't use up all 6 gigs of my ram, so 12 might be slightly overkill right now /shrug


    Dude can you tell us where is 220$ 6Gb Kingston HyperX 2000Mhz, this is soo cheap, if you can put link.
  15. jchurch83 said:

    Ok but this is not so cheap, maybe yes for my country but in NewEggs you have OCZ for 154.99$ but it's 1600Mhz
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227365&cm_re=OCZ-_-20-227-365-_-Product
  16. Best answer selected by ben110.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Kingston Corsair Computer Product