Computer keep restarting after installing ati display driver for hd 58

samandar

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Hi,

I have bought a new msi hd 5850 graphics card, and after installing the card, everything works fine. I can connect my screen through the gfx card port, but when I instal the ati display driver given with the cd, and boot my system it crashes just before the window logon screen.

My configuration is:
MB - Asus P5Q-VM
C2Q Q9550 2.83GHz
2 GB Physical memory (800 Hhz)
320 Gb WD Hard disc
PSU - Atek 600W
MSI HD5850 gfx card

First I have tried installing in vista
then I tried in XP sp3
Then I tried windows 7
and every time i have got same problem of crashing just before the windows logon screen.

The driver version in the cd was 8.66 RC7
Even I tried with the latest version of driver from ATI and MSI sites. But no result.

Is there any hardware compatibility issue, or driver problem.
Also can be there a bios update problem, I have bios version 400. however I have seen version 2001 already out on Asus site.

Please help.
Any info regarding this will be helpful to me.

technuttso

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
PSU - Atek 600W??? What amperage have 12v rail? Is a poor and very dangerous choice for a high end video card. It seems that this video card is protecting her self. :p
And get the latest driver from AMD site.

samandar

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Thanks for all the replies and help...
The problem was with the drivers.
The shop where I bought the card make the driver update correctly...
I dont know I too downloaded the latest driver from amd and MSI site, but they were not working properly.

But now the card is working properly.

arthos

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Lol and he was cursing ATEK :p

I also have ATEK 600WATTS PSU and it can run my ATI 5670 Easily without any problem and doesnt even get hot.

Had to buy this cheap PSU cuz when i bought 5670 it burned my cabinets inbuilt PSU lol :p