Need Recommendation for Video Card to Play NWN2

syz15

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
I need advice on choosing a video card for a gaming rig that I’m planning to build. As things stand now, I’m hoping to build an i7 920 system with Windows 7, and 4-6GB RAM. I’ll post specifics in the system builder section when I decide on the parts and am ready to buy (hopefully within a month).

I want to play Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2. I’d like to play at 1920x1200 resolution, and max settings, including full shadows and water effects. I’m also considering playing Dragons Age Origins.

Could anyone tell me the minimum video card or multi GPU setup that would allow me to play Neverwinter Nights 2 the way I want? If I need a top of the line video card, so be it, but if not, I don’t want to spend money on something I don’t really need.

I’ve been looking all over the internet, but can’t find any benchmarks for that game on newer video card reviews at the resolution I specified. Most of the benchmarks I’m finding are for the newer games, like Crysis, or for Neverwinter Nights 2 at lower resolutions and settings turned down.

Thanks!

None of those games are particularly hard to run and are more taxing to the CPU than GPU but I guess you have the CPU covered. I would think something like an HD5770 would do just fine.
If you end up wanting more power it scales very well in crossfire and is rather low power/runs cool which is good for multicard setups.