My impressions of sims 2

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 31, 2004 12:01:58 PM

Just picked up sims 2.
Never played 1.
My first impression was that it was a very enjoyable game - Now I'm coming to
the opposite conclusion.
I've tried 5 different familes, and everything pretty much comes to
predictible conclusions.
Everything revolves around finances and sleep.
The first few 'cycles' are great. Everyone gets along, does what they are
told, has fun and sleep great. Then after a few cycles, everything just falls
apart.
Everyone is sleep deprived, no matter what. The get grouchy, won't sleep in
beds they slept in just fine before, get on eachothers nerves ... Then its
off to school and work half dead - Only to repeat the cycle even worse when
they come home.
Kids won't do their homework, parents won't do anything besides eat, releive
their bladders and sleep.
I start out with a medium house, with all the necessities and then some.
Kitchen w table,chairs,stove,fridge,sink,counters and coffee pot, enclosed
bathroom with multiple showers, rec room with tv,radio, computer, dart board,
video games, couch, paintings, phone.
A book case and easel also.
The best beds that I can afford - A double for the parents and two twins for
the kids, located in seperate areas of the house.
Linoleum or rug on all floors.
Thier wants are attended to, their fears avoided, and they are encouraged to
interact and learn.
Same thing with all five families I created - No matter their aspirations, no
matter their gemini or traits, they all come apart at the seams after 3
cycles or so.
I realize that one must like micro managing to a certain degree to get into
this game but really ... What must be done, in addition to the above I do, to
avoid them shreaking at each other,refusing to do all but the most basic
functions, passing out on the lawn and pissing all over the rug after a few
cycles ?

More about : impressions sims

Anonymous
December 31, 2004 12:01:59 PM

Make sure the toilet is clean, the shower is clean, etc. Just keep on top
of them, lol. Oh and it helps to pick up one of the hacked objects that
maxs out all needs too ;)

"Jay" <19@99.com> wrote in message
> Just picked up sims 2.
> Never played 1.
> My first impression was that it was a very enjoyable game - Now I'm coming
> the opposite conclusion.
> I've tried 5 different familes, and everything pretty much comes to
> predictible conclusions.
> Everything revolves around finances and sleep.
> The first few 'cycles' are great. Everyone gets along, does what they are
> told, has fun and sleep great. Then after a few cycles, everything just
falls
> apart.
> Everyone is sleep deprived, no matter what. The get grouchy, won't sleep
in
> beds they slept in just fine before, get on eachothers nerves ... Then its
> off to school and work half dead - Only to repeat the cycle even worse
when
> they come home.
> Kids won't do their homework, parents won't do anything besides eat,
releive
> their bladders and sleep.
> I start out with a medium house, with all the necessities and then some.
> Kitchen w table,chairs,stove,fridge,sink,counters and coffee pot, enclosed
> bathroom with multiple showers, rec room with tv,radio, computer, dart
board,
> video games, couch, paintings, phone.
> A book case and easel also.
> The best beds that I can afford - A double for the parents and two twins
for
> the kids, located in seperate areas of the house.
> Linoleum or rug on all floors.
> Thier wants are attended to, their fears avoided, and they are encouraged
> interact and learn.
> Same thing with all five families I created - No matter their aspirations,
no
> matter their gemini or traits, they all come apart at the seams after 3
> cycles or so.
> I realize that one must like micro managing to a certain degree to get
into
> this game but really ... What must be done, in addition to the above I do,
> avoid them shreaking at each other,refusing to do all but the most basic
> functions, passing out on the lawn and pissing all over the rug after a
few
> cycles ?

Anonymous
December 31, 2004 6:41:03 PM

Jay wrote:
<snip>
> I realize that one must like micro managing to a certain degree to
> get into this game but really ... What must be done, in addition to
> the above I do, to avoid them shreaking at each other,refusing to do
> all but the most basic functions, passing out on the lawn and
pissing
> all over the rug after a few cycles ?

Hmmm. Are you playing with Free Will off? That makes the game much
harder, as sims will never do anything on their own.

Other than that, all I can suggest is you start off with a family of 1
sim. Once you get that down, try larger families.
December 31, 2004 6:52:52 PM

Jay wrote:
> Just picked up sims 2.
> Never played 1.
> My first impression was that it was a very enjoyable game - Now I'm
> coming to the opposite conclusion.
> I've tried 5 different familes, and everything pretty much comes to
> predictible conclusions.
> Everything revolves around finances and sleep.
<snip>

Also bear in mind, it's not exactly a game, so much as a people
simulator. I think of it as something of a Soap Opera simulator.
There are no real goals, other than watching your sims do things and
interact with other sims.

For instance, just last night I sent a sim to hang out on a community
lot. He hangs out with some other sims there, and boom, one sim
decides to annoy him. Then that sim turns off the TV and starts
annoying all the other sims there. So I had the sim I control start
pushing him. And then eventually they got into a fight and my sim beat
him up.

Masterpiece Theater it's not, but somewhat amusing.
December 31, 2004 7:27:54 PM

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in

> Make sure the toilet is clean, the shower is clean, etc. Just keep on
> top of them, lol. Oh and it helps to pick up one of the hacked objects
> that maxs out all needs too ;)

Yeah I've been keeping things tidy.
My main problem is they all get so exhausted they won't do anything.
I try not to let them get to that point, but between keeping them
entertained, learning, eating, doing chores,interaction with eachother,
going to school/work it always happens. I know they get better rest from
better beds ect. I've bought the best that I can afford, and can do
nothing until they get more money, which requires work, which makes them
more tired. Tried coffee, which does little good and kills their bladders.
It appears to me that a major mistake was made in having this game
predicated so much around sleep - Or at least having it take so long until
they are refreshed. It was humurous the first few times watching them spin
out of their clothes and into their undies - Its getting kinda old now,
and I can forsee myself giving up in frustration and permanently deleting
this game from my system in the near future .. Obviously never considering
buying part 3.

Cheats/hacks ? I'm aware of them, but rarely will I ever use them in any
game. I might do it to get past a certain level or spot in a game, but to
use it throughout a whole game would make the game rather pointless to me.
Is that really what it takes to make this game playable ?

> "Jay" <19@99.com> wrote in message
>> Just picked up sims 2.
>> Never played 1.
>> My first impression was that it was a very enjoyable game - Now I'm
>> coming
>> the opposite conclusion.
>> I've tried 5 different familes, and everything pretty much comes to
>> predictible conclusions.
>> Everything revolves around finances and sleep.
>> The first few 'cycles' are great. Everyone gets along, does what they
>> are told, has fun and sleep great. Then after a few cycles, everything
>> just
> falls
>> apart.
>> Everyone is sleep deprived, no matter what. The get grouchy, won't
>> sleep
> in
>> beds they slept in just fine before, get on eachothers nerves ... Then
>> its off to school and work half dead - Only to repeat the cycle even
>> worse
> when
>> they come home.
>> Kids won't do their homework, parents won't do anything besides eat,
> releive
>> their bladders and sleep.
>> I start out with a medium house, with all the necessities and then
>> some. Kitchen w table,chairs,stove,fridge,sink,counters and coffee pot,
>> enclosed bathroom with multiple showers, rec room with tv,radio,
>> computer, dart
> board,
>> video games, couch, paintings, phone.
>> A book case and easel also.
>> The best beds that I can afford - A double for the parents and two
>> twins
> for
>> the kids, located in seperate areas of the house.
>> Linoleum or rug on all floors.
>> Thier wants are attended to, their fears avoided, and they are
>> encouraged
>> interact and learn.
>> Same thing with all five families I created - No matter their
>> aspirations,
> no
>> matter their gemini or traits, they all come apart at the seams after 3
>> cycles or so.
>> I realize that one must like micro managing to a certain degree to get
> into
>> this game but really ... What must be done, in addition to the above I
>> do,
>> avoid them shreaking at each other,refusing to do all but the most
>> basic functions, passing out on the lawn and pissing all over the rug
>> after a
> few
>> cycles ?

Anonymous
December 31, 2004 11:54:21 PM

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:01:58 GMT, Jay <19@99.com> wrote:

> Just picked up sims 2.
> Never played 1.
> My first impression was that it was a very enjoyable game - Now I'm
> coming to the opposite conclusion.
> I've tried 5 different familes, and everything pretty much comes to
> predictible conclusions.
> Everything revolves around finances and sleep.

Actually, finances and personality. Mostly personality. It is a "people
simulator".

I had suspected that the game would be hard if people had not played the
more simplistic original. But not that it would be that hard.

It is imperative that family members stay on friendly terms. To this
effect, if you make them with incompatible star signs you must expect a
train wreck family or micromanage them. I always make characters with very
high nice rating so I don't need to constantly stop them from taunting
each other.

If people have compatible star signs and know each other, try to make them
play Red Hands. They find it enormously fun and also become very
friendly. Have a parent play Red Hands before and after the kid does
school work. Helping with schoolwork also speeds it up greatly and causes
less angry kids. (If there are grandparents, they are better than parents
at teaching.)

A word on sleep: Sims don't want to share a bed unless they are friends.
They also cannot sleep if there is noise in the room, like TV or radio or
games, although talking is OK. You can order them to bed if they are
around 20% tired (though you probably don't want to do that) and they will
stay there till they are fully rested. If they don't, check for one of
the problems I mentioned. After a few days of gametime, you should have a
pretty good idea how much sleep it takes for them to rest up, and you can
send them off to bed at such a time that they will be rested and have time
to eat and pee before school / work. An alarm clock doesn't hurt either,
just like in real life. Less work for the guardian angel. ^_^

By playing families of nice people, I have never needed hacked objects,
and the only cheat I use is move_objects on and sometimes aging off
(although usually they generate enough points to buy elixir of life
whenever they need it and then some). Try it. Nice people rule! ^_^

good sign." -G
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 12:18:51 AM

Magnus Itland wrote:

> They also cannot sleep if there is noise in the room, like TV
> or radio or games, although talking is OK.

My sims often do that by sleeping on a sofa with both tv and radio on in
the same room.

> An alarm clock doesn't hurt either, just like in real life.

An alarm clock is not good for the invironment - or other sims in the house.

Previously, I had alarm clocks in the house of the Singles family, but
stopped using them as all four girls stood up and hold their ears when
the relevant alarm clock went off. Furthermore, you must instruct a sim
to turn off the alarm clock, and be sure that the right alarm clock is
turned on at the right time, as sims tend to chance beds when living in
families with more beds.

Best regards,
Boerge
January 1, 2005 2:25:52 AM

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in

> Jay wrote:
> <snip>
>> I realize that one must like micro managing to a certain degree to
>> get into this game but really ... What must be done, in addition to
>> the above I do, to avoid them shreaking at each other,refusing to do
>> all but the most basic functions, passing out on the lawn and
> pissing
>> all over the rug after a few cycles ?
>
> Hmmm. Are you playing with Free Will off? That makes the game much
> harder, as sims will never do anything on their own.

No, free will is on.

> Other than that, all I can suggest is you start off with a family of 1
> sim. Once you get that down, try larger families.

Lol - I guess that would tend to simplify things a bit.
January 1, 2005 2:38:52 AM

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in news:10tbih6jeckl5a4
@corp.supernews.com:

> Jay wrote:
>> Just picked up sims 2.
>> Never played 1.
>> My first impression was that it was a very enjoyable game - Now I'm
>> coming to the opposite conclusion.
>> I've tried 5 different familes, and everything pretty much comes to
>> predictible conclusions.
>> Everything revolves around finances and sleep.
> <snip>
>
> Also bear in mind, it's not exactly a game, so much as a people
> simulator. I think of it as something of a Soap Opera simulator.
> There are no real goals, other than watching your sims do things and
> interact with other sims.

True that - but obviously concessions have been made toward the fact that
this is make believe - And it seems to me they put an over emphasis on the
sleep factor, which is the source of all my problems.
One of the games major strong points is that you have control over a dynamic
situation.
Sims don't wipe their asses that I've noticed, don't even dry off after a
shower, can't light up a smoke, don't drive and don't have the option to have
pets - All real life factors that the creators of the game chose to leave
out.
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 2:38:53 AM

> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in news:10tbih6jeckl5a4
> @corp.supernews.com:
>
>> Jay wrote:
>>> Just picked up sims 2.
>>> Never played 1.
>>> My first impression was that it was a very enjoyable game - Now I'm
>>> coming to the opposite conclusion.
>>> I've tried 5 different familes, and everything pretty much comes to
>>> predictible conclusions.
>>> Everything revolves around finances and sleep.
>> <snip>
>>
>> Also bear in mind, it's not exactly a game, so much as a people
>> simulator. I think of it as something of a Soap Opera simulator.
>> There are no real goals, other than watching your sims do things and
>> interact with other sims.
>>

> True that - but obviously concessions have been made toward the fact that
> this is make believe - And it seems to me they put an over emphasis on the
> sleep factor, which is the source of all my problems.
> One of the games major strong points is that you have control over a
> dynamic
> situation.
> Sims don't wipe their asses that I've noticed, don't even dry off after a
> shower, can't light up a smoke, don't drive and don't have the option to
> have
> pets - All real life factors that the creators of the game chose to leave
> out.

Until the next expiation pack
Or the next.
Or the one after that.
Or the one after that.
January 1, 2005 2:58:01 AM

Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote in
news:o psjv1kvnqb52ai9@news.online.no:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:01:58 GMT, Jay <19@99.com> wrote:
>
>> Just picked up sims 2.
>> Never played 1.
>> My first impression was that it was a very enjoyable game - Now I'm
>> coming to the opposite conclusion.
>> I've tried 5 different familes, and everything pretty much comes to
>> predictible conclusions.
>> Everything revolves around finances and sleep.
>
> Actually, finances and personality. Mostly personality. It is a
> "people simulator".
>
> I had suspected that the game would be hard if people had not played the
> more simplistic original. But not that it would be that hard.
>
> It is imperative that family members stay on friendly terms. To this
> effect, if you make them with incompatible star signs you must expect a
> train wreck family or micromanage them. I always make characters with
> very high nice rating so I don't need to constantly stop them from
> taunting each other.
>
> If people have compatible star signs and know each other, try to make
> them play Red Hands. They find it enormously fun and also become very
> friendly. Have a parent play Red Hands before and after the kid does
> school work. Helping with schoolwork also speeds it up greatly and
> causes less angry kids. (If there are grandparents, they are better than
> parents at teaching.)

Yeah I've tried the red hands and punch me punch you thing.

> A word on sleep: Sims don't want to share a bed unless they are
> friends.

The only sims I put in the same bed are married, and even they tend to
seek out the kids individual beds if unoccupied after awhile.

> They also cannot sleep if there is noise in the room, like TV or radio
> or games, although talking is OK.

Yeah I've noticed that, which is why I try to put any noise making
entertainment devices in a seperate area of the house as far away from
bedrooms as possible. I even wall in the entertainment area.

> You can order them to bed if they are
> around 20% tired (though you probably don't want to do that) and they
> will stay there till they are fully rested. If they don't, check for
> one of the problems I mentioned. After a few days of gametime, you
> should have a pretty good idea how much sleep it takes for them to rest
> up, and you can send them off to bed at such a time that they will be
> rested and have time to eat and pee before school / work. An alarm
> clock doesn't hurt either, just like in real life. Less work for the
> guardian angel. ^_^

Well the thing is this constant emphasis on rest, along with other
necessary routines such as bladder control, hygiene and eating - Makes for
a rather boorish simulation after awhile. And once a viscous circle starts
in this game, I found in nearly impossible to get out. They get sleep
deprived, won't do anything but sleep. Then their bladders explode on the
floor because apparently they don't have the energy to use the john, which
makes things worse. Then they got to get up for school work, exhausted and
hungry - Then come home and pass out on the sidewalk, only to grab a quick
bitr to eat, use the john and go to bed hungry, dirty and tired. No fun,
little social life, red environment ... And no way that I can think of to
turn it around - And the fact that you can only save one point in the game
sure doesn't help. I've already got 5 disfunctional families on hold.
I see the object - And thats not to let them get to this extreme point.
I don't need to rehash what I already said in previous threads, but I try
to avoid this, with no luck. I guess I'm not the extreme micro manager
that it takes to make this game enjoyable, but its not like I haven't
tried.

> By playing families of nice people, I have never needed hacked objects,
> and the only cheat I use is move_objects on and sometimes aging off
> (although usually they generate enough points to buy elixir of life
> whenever they need it and then some). Try it. Nice people rule! ^_^

I'll try that, and thanks for the tips.
I'm not quite ready to call it quits yet.
January 1, 2005 8:25:23 AM

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

>> True that - but obviously concessions have been made toward the fact that
>> this is make believe - And it seems to me they put an over emphasis on
>> the
>> sleep factor, which is the source of all my problems.
>> One of the games major strong points is that you have control over a
>> dynamic
>> situation.
>> Sims don't wipe their asses that I've noticed, don't even dry off after a
>> shower, can't light up a smoke, don't drive and don't have the option to
>> have
>> pets - All real life factors that the creators of the game chose to leave
>> out.

I know how weird it must seem to a seasoned gamer the whole world of the
Sims
trust me, my boyfriend is a serious first person shooter gamer. He didn't
get the whole Sims 1 thing
and even I wasn't too interested in the end when it came to gameplay...I
just liked decorating and dressing them up in pretty clothes
what can I say? It was the closest I could ever go to playing Barbies.
Anyways then the Sims 2 came out...
Kent (my bf) was a little baffled about the whole thing...he thought he was
really limiting..(like you he was like...How come they don't take off their
pants? that's stupid)
but then I showed him some vampire skins and now his first vampire is Lord
(an albeit pathetic one who lost his wife...but still a LORD)
and he is having great fun killing Sims and making elaborate soap opera
stories..
it's hilarious to watch a grown man peer into the screen "What are you doing
now...?? no ...NO ! not that! omg Orlock just slapped Salem...should she
torture him?"
You have to suspend yourself from the reality of life, into the Sims reality
of life. Once you get over that mental hurdle its a lot of fun.
Yes the game is somewhat challenging
but it's really good
Start with one Sim, then make that sim marry...then have kids...then grow
old
then do with their children what creative will you want
you will pick up so much from the game
TIP: if a sim is totally in red...and I mean totally...have him go to sleep
immediately when he reaches a little bit of orange in the meter....make him
go to the loo, then go to sleep...when he is half way up the green
meter....make him have a shower and then watch some TV...then sleep some
more...you then should be able to adjust their inner clocks (don't wake them
until the next day two hours before going to work...forget that damn alarm
clock, it's worthless) and that should make them less grumpy all the time)

However...having said that...
I'll be honest and say that my bf now plays more grand theft auto than the
Sims..
but that's because I hog the PC

:)

- D
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 8:25:24 AM

D, please do not quote me as saying something I did not say.

If you are going to snip parts of a reply then attribute the correct quote.

I am only saying this because I have had people jump my case for posting
things that I never posted.
January 1, 2005 10:49:44 AM

Aw its ok!
I have a big mouth in real life, and I know how frustrating it is when
people misunderstand you
:)
--
- D

> I understood what happened and was not trying to be rude.
> I just got nervous because I have had bad things happen when it has happen
> in the past.
> Other posters have misquoted me in a debate over heated issues and it
> almost got me in trouble.

January 1, 2005 11:21:18 AM

> "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>
>>> True that - but obviously concessions have been made toward the fact
>>> that this is make believe - And it seems to me they put an over
>>> emphasis on the
>>> sleep factor, which is the source of all my problems.
>>> One of the games major strong points is that you have control over a
>>> dynamic
>>> situation.
>>> Sims don't wipe their asses that I've noticed, don't even dry off
>>> after a shower, can't light up a smoke, don't drive and don't have the
>>> option to have
>>> pets - All real life factors that the creators of the game chose to
>>> leave out.
>>

> I know how weird it must seem to a seasoned gamer the whole world of the
> Sims
> trust me, my boyfriend is a serious first person shooter gamer. He
> didn't get the whole Sims 1 thing
> and even I wasn't too interested in the end when it came to gameplay...I
> just liked decorating and dressing them up in pretty clothes
> what can I say? It was the closest I could ever go to playing Barbies.
> Anyways then the Sims 2 came out...

My 11 year old daughter is thrilled with the dress up/make up/build
houses/decorate scenario.
Shes starting a family (And I know theres some things that are at least PG-
17 in the game).
I think she can handle it though.
Don't think she'll be inclined to woo-hoo just because the sims do it.

> Kent (my bf) was a little baffled about the whole thing...he thought he
> was really limiting..(like you he was like...How come they don't take
> off their pants? that's stupid)
> but then I showed him some vampire skins and now his first vampire is
> Lord (an albeit pathetic one who lost his wife...but still a LORD)
> and he is having great fun killing Sims and making elaborate soap opera
> stories..

Any good tutorial sites on installing skins ?
I've had mixed luck, with a couple of sexy longeries [?] showing up, but a
bunch more, including nude skins, not showing.
Also seemed to have lost the abilty to choose eye color when creating a
sim, so I musta messed something up.

> it's hilarious to watch a grown man peer into the screen "What are you
> doing now...?? no ...NO ! not that! omg Orlock just slapped
> Salem...should she torture him?"
> You have to suspend yourself from the reality of life, into the Sims
> reality of life. Once you get over that mental hurdle its a lot of fun.

Yeah, I see your point.
Its hard to do when they are vomiting and peeing all over the place though.

> Yes the game is somewhat challenging
> but it's really good
> Start with one Sim, then make that sim marry...then have kids...then
> grow old
> then do with their children what creative will you want
> you will pick up so much from the game

Yeah thats worth a try I guess.

> TIP: if a sim is totally in red...and I mean totally...have him go to
> sleep immediately when he reaches a little bit of orange in the
> meter....make him go to the loo, then go to sleep...when he is half way
> up the green meter....make him have a shower and then watch some
> TV...then sleep some more...you then should be able to adjust their
> inner clocks (don't wake them until the next day two hours before going
> to work...forget that damn alarm clock, it's worthless) and that should
> make them less grumpy all the time)
>
> However...having said that...
> I'll be honest and say that my bf now plays more grand theft auto than
> the Sims..
> but that's because I hog the PC

Ah .. You need to save up some somolians and get an Xtra PC.

>:)
>
> - D

Thanks for the tips & Happy New Year.
January 1, 2005 5:54:25 PM

> My 11 year old daughter is thrilled with the dress up/make up/build
> houses/decorate scenario.
> Shes starting a family (And I know theres some things that are at
> least PG-
> 17 in the game).
> I think she can handle it though.
> Don't think she'll be inclined to woo-hoo just because the sims do it.

I don't believe the *Sims* will cause your daughter to woo-hoo but the
kids in school might.
From what I've been seeing, reading, hearing.........there are more
youngsters woo-hooing in public
schools than out of school. It is scary to hear about 10, 11, 12 year
old children pregnant!!! They do it
in the restrooms and all sorts of places right in our public schools!
January 2, 2005 5:28:00 AM

When you go downloading for skins..
dafashion, the sims resource or peggy sims to name a few
they come in zip files
unzip them
and they should be .package files
put these files into My Documents/Ea Games/The Sims 2/Downloads
folder
the clothes are ready for purchase at any Sim Fashion outlet
:)

I *know* there is a hack somewhere that lets youdownload a dresser
that enables you to shop at home
but I forgot where and what its called

--
- D

> Any good tutorial sites on installing skins ?
> I've had mixed luck, with a couple of sexy longeries [?] showing up, but a
> bunch more, including nude skins, not showing.
> Also seemed to have lost the abilty to choose eye color when creating a
> sim, so I musta messed something up.
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 5:28:01 AM

To shop at home it at mod the sims and it's called the shop at home
collection

--
KELLEY GRANT
"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> When you go downloading for skins..
> dafashion, the sims resource or peggy sims to name a few
> they come in zip files
> unzip them
> and they should be .package files
> put these files into My Documents/Ea Games/The Sims 2/Downloads
> folder
> the clothes are ready for purchase at any Sim Fashion outlet
> :)
>
> I *know* there is a hack somewhere that lets youdownload a dresser
> that enables you to shop at home
> but I forgot where and what its called
>
> --
> - D
>
>> Any good tutorial sites on installing skins ?
>> I've had mixed luck, with a couple of sexy longeries [?] showing up, but
>> bunch more, including nude skins, not showing.
>> Also seemed to have lost the abilty to choose eye color when creating a
>> sim, so I musta messed something up.

January 2, 2005 5:54:06 AM

"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in news:Q_IBd.99275$K7.12571@news-
server.bigpond.net.au:

> When you go downloading for skins..
> dafashion, the sims resource or peggy sims to name a few
> they come in zip files
> unzip them
> and they should be .package files
> put these files into My Documents/Ea Games/The Sims 2/Downloads
> folder
> the clothes are ready for purchase at any Sim Fashion outlet
>:)

Hmm maybe thats the problem.
I've never been to a fashion outlet, and wouldn't have a clue how to get to
one.
The skins aren't available when creating sims ?

> I *know* there is a hack somewhere that lets youdownload a dresser
> that enables you to shop at home
> but I forgot where and what its called

Yeah I've noticed it somewhere here
http://forums.modthesims2.com/forums.php
I've been trying to avoid hacks so far.
January 2, 2005 6:34:29 AM

Oh it should definitely show up when creating a sim
just try it and see!
http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/simsshowcase/find...
Try that for a little bit of downloading fun

As for fashion outlets, just make one in your neighbourhood or download one
from a site
I use the Mall found at Simgedöhns quite a bit
you can download it here
http://www.simgedoehns.de/sims2/eng/houses/houses_com_0...
Oh and in my town it's called Point Piper Mall
many relationships have been broken there! hehe

hth
--
- D

!