Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Modding cases like the antec300 spire swordfin

Last response: in Components
Share
February 16, 2010 7:56:47 AM

So will the 5970 fit if you cut the harddrive cage... I will be using only a harddisk and a dvdrom

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.spirecoolers.com/main/product_detail.asp?Pro...

or reccomend similar cases that will be able to house this gpu, by modding the hard drive cage...
a b ) Power supply
February 16, 2010 8:34:17 AM

Not sure about the Antec 300, but slightly bigger and looks very similar is the Antec 902 that has removable HDD bays :) 

February 16, 2010 8:36:22 AM

zlad said:
So will the 5970 fit if you cut the harddrive cage... I will be using only a harddisk and a dvdrom

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.spirecoolers.com/main/product_detail.asp?Pro...

or reccomend similar cases that will be able to house this gpu, by modding the hard drive cage...



You shouldn't need to cut anything.
Antec 300 - Maximum video card size: 11.5 in/29.2 cm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)

The Spire case is even bigger.
February 16, 2010 9:11:09 AM

ulysses35 said:
Not sure about the Antec 300, but slightly bigger and looks very similar is the Antec 902 that has removable HDD bays :) 


that's just too expensive...
February 16, 2010 9:15:10 AM

Freakykiwi said:
You shouldn't need to cut anything.
Antec 300 - Maximum video card size: 11.5 in/29.2 cm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)

The Spire case is even bigger.


I believe that some cutting must be done since the 5970 is 30,9cm long...
February 16, 2010 9:38:09 AM

My bad,
holy crap that's a big card, I thought 11.5" was as big as they got.
The spire looks to be a much deeper case but there's no mention of card length.

lol - my baby coolermaster 340 minitower would take it as it has no drive bays in front of the graphics slot.
February 16, 2010 10:15:14 AM

so if I cut a bit of the hard drive cage in that swoordfin, will it fit?
February 16, 2010 10:30:58 AM

Of course,
The three hundred would be a better choice as it has more cooling potential (3 x 120mm + 1 x 140mm max).
You should be able to remove the lower cage instead of cutting it.
!