• Nvidia
  • Control Panel
  • Windows 7
  • SLI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 7, 2009 10:01:27 AM

Hello,

Yesterday I have installed Windows 7 64-bit. Everything was cool, until I notised that I can't enable SLI in Nvidia control panel (No option to enable multi GPU support). I'm using only one GTX295 card, but on XP in Device Manager I allways saw two GTX295 cards, and Nvidia Control Panel had an option to enable SLI. But, unfortenetly, Windows 7 Device Manager sees only one GTX295 card, and in Nvidia Control Panel there is no option to enable SLI, just only PhysX.

I think it's a huge problem, because, we can say, half of mine video card is not working.

I have tryed to reinstall drivers, using old ones, new ones (now using 195.62), many safe modes, using drivers sweeper and etc. Nothing helped. W7 just refuses to detect the second GTX295 core.

Updated all Hardware, BIOS drivers, all up-to-date. Device manager not showing any unknown devices or problems.

GPU-Z information : http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post...

System spec :

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM, 4x1GB 1033

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

MotherBoard : Asus P6T LGA1366

Don't know what to try else.. Nothing is helped... I'm asking for Your help...

More about : gtx295 windows7 bit sli enable problem

February 3, 2010 11:12:56 PM

I am having this exact same problem, and I have an almost identical system set up

only one 295 gpu showing under the device manager, though of course there are two per card

I'm missing half my graphics card, any ideas?

I have the 196.21 drivers
windows 7 pro
core i7 920 @ 3.31
Memory 6 gigs at 1333 speed
Asus p6t deluxe
Score
a b Î Nvidia
February 3, 2010 11:17:37 PM

RMA
Score
February 3, 2010 11:33:38 PM

Both gpu's were functioning perfectly in windows Vista a few days ago before I upgraded to 7
so this is some sort of driver or windows error
Score
a b Î Nvidia
February 4, 2010 12:46:35 AM

Go back to vista or at least use a second drive to make sure that it only os or driver.
Score
February 4, 2010 4:09:06 PM

well I have BFG sending me a replacement 295, hopefully that is the issue here
Score
February 13, 2010 2:34:33 PM

I posted almost identical thread recently...having same problem...tested so far 2 or 3 different drivers....7 still cant detect second core...I am using ASUS one...on P6T board...so i dont think new card will change something...

Will continue to try finding solution...although im supprised how so many people have same issue but there is no word from microsoft or nvida about that...at least i havent found any...
Score
February 16, 2010 11:52:43 PM

I am also having the exact same problem with my XFX GTX 295 and P6T, and the only solution I found is to push firmly my gpu upwards while the PC boots up and release it when Windows desktop appears. When I turn the system on again the next day, I have to do the same trick or my second GPU becomes hidden once more. The card appears firmly inserted, however. It's very very very annoying!! Shame on XFX, nVidia or Asus not to publish a solution to this problem that apparently affects such a high number of customers. It would be wonderful if someone who reads this post and has found a permanent solution to this issue could let us know about it. Thank you.
Score
April 15, 2010 4:22:52 PM

In the same boat but have 2 gtx 260 cards. Only one shows up, any ideas ? I'm thinking it might be a bios problem because i did reset the board. Have M2n-sli deluxe 570 any idea for the bios settings?
Score
May 2, 2010 8:30:14 AM

I was having issues with my lower GTX 295 recognizing both GPU's. I was at a loss for more that 6 months.Til, one day I found this thread and it gave me an idea. I tried a third 295 I had and had to try the "push up" method. It only worked for a little while and eventually failed just like my other water cooled card.

I got out a very fine diamond file and very lightly ground the contacts of the pci connector of the card on both sides. Just enough to make it shiny. I put the card back in and rebooted. I have my Quad-Sli back and have no recognition issues. :bounce: 
Score
May 2, 2010 8:33:47 AM

marfras said:
I am also having the exact same problem with my XFX GTX 295 and P6T, and the only solution I found is to push firmly my gpu upwards while the PC boots up and release it when Windows desktop appears. When I turn the system on again the next day, I have to do the same trick or my second GPU becomes hidden once more. The card appears firmly inserted, however. It's very very very annoying!! Shame on XFX, nVidia or Asus not to publish a solution to this problem that apparently affects such a high number of customers. It would be wonderful if someone who reads this post and has found a permanent solution to this issue could let us know about it. Thank you.

I would encourage you to try the fix I posted in my response. I have been a very very very frustrated user of 3 GTX 295's for over a year now and have been through 2 BFG RMA's and 2 Motherboard RMA's only to find that I could fix it with a little filing.

Good luck, and remember to be careful about making sure that you wipe all dust filings cleanly away after you do this.

Feel free to email me if you need directions or have questions jpredy@hotmail.com
Score
!