Sign in with
Your question

HAF 922, airflow config?

Last response: in Components
February 16, 2010 12:11:22 PM

OK, this is my first thread.

I have the Cooler Master HAF 922 case, and I have to say I like it very much. I have the window side panel version, though, so no side fans.

Question is: what is the best fan/airflow config to have the best case cooling? The HAF has a front, top, rear, and bottom fan. Which direction (in/out) should each fan be pushing air to? I've read that top and rear should be out, and front, side, and bottom should be in, but I'm not really sure.

Any HAF 922 owners out there who experimented and have an answer?

More about : haf 922 airflow config

a c 144 ) Power supply
February 16, 2010 12:22:55 PM

gracefully said:

Question is: what is the best fan/airflow config to have the best case cooling? The HAF has a front, top, rear, and bottom fan. Which direction (in/out) should each fan be pushing air to? I've read that top and rear should be out, and front, side, and bottom should be in, but I'm not really sure.

Yes.
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
February 16, 2010 1:03:34 PM

+1 what jsc

Classic configuration is incoming air at the bottom front and exhaust at the top rear.

Take a look at the diagram in this recent Tom's Hardware article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-motherboard-gu...

Note - Some modern pc cases have power supplies mounted in the bottom rear of a case. That's okay. The primary airflow is still the same as those cases usually have an extra fan or two at the rear of the top panel.
m
l
February 17, 2010 9:06:33 AM

Thanks guys.

@JohnnyLucky Yes, the HAF 922 is a bottom-mounted PSU config.

On a side note, I just finished installing my Hyper 212 Plus, and I have to say I'm very pleased.
m
l
!