Closed

BIOS Password on new dells

Archived from groups: comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptop,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Got a bargain at a local pawnshop for a PIII Dell laptop, the problem is
that it got a BIOS password.

Now the laptop does not have any jumpers (Clr pswd) since all these new
laptops have eprom (flash) BIOS so any idea how to remove or clear the BIOS.

thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about bios password dells
  1. Archived from groups: comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptop,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Get used to it. I have the same problem. Dell, despite MANY messages to
    their "helpless" center, has ignored me. There IS a master password for the
    BIOS. Despite proving the legitimate ownership, they just ignore my
    request for the master PW for that laptop. There is no single PW...I'm
    told each laptop has a discrete master PW that only Dell has.

    "zeeshan_70" <zeeshan_70@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Got a bargain at a local pawnshop for a PIII Dell laptop, the problem is
    > that it got a BIOS password.
    >
    > Now the laptop does not have any jumpers (Clr pswd) since all these new
    > laptops have eprom (flash) BIOS so any idea how to remove or clear the
    BIOS.

    > thanks

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:44:02 -0500, "zeeshan_70"
    <zeeshan_70@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Got a bargain at a local pawnshop for a PIII Dell laptop, the problem is
    >that it got a BIOS password.
    >
    >Now the laptop does not have any jumpers (Clr pswd) since all these new
    >laptops have eprom (flash) BIOS so any idea how to remove or clear the BIOS.
    >
    >thanks

    You might check out this web site:

    http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html?content=http%3A//www.plasma-online.de/english/help/solutions/bios_password.html

    Charlie Hoffpauir
  3. Archived from groups: comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptop,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Moonraker wrote:

    > Get used to it. I have the same problem. Dell, despite MANY messages to
    > their "helpless" center, has ignored me. There IS a master password for the
    > BIOS. Despite proving the legitimate ownership, they just ignore my
    > request for the master PW for that laptop. There is no single PW...I'm
    > told each laptop has a discrete master PW that only Dell has.

    How did you prove "legitimate ownership?"

    A sales receipt from a pawn shop???

    Notan
  4. Archived from groups: comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptop,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    > Moonraker wrote:
    > >
    > > Get used to it. I have the same problem. Dell, despite MANY messages
    > > their "helpless" center, has ignored me. There IS a master password for
    the
    > > BIOS. Despite proving the legitimate ownership, they just ignore my
    > > request for the master PW for that laptop. There is no single PW...I'm
    > > told each laptop has a discrete master PW that only Dell has.
    >
    > How did you prove "legitimate ownership?"
    >
    > A sales receipt from a pawn shop???
    >
    > Notan

    eBay. And since the service tag was intact, Dell knew instantly that the PC
    hadn't been reported stolen. In fact, they knew the university that
    initially owned it had sold a large lot of laptops and parts to the guy I
    got it from.

    The point was not ownership...just that Dell wasn't about to give me the PW
    that I needed. Guess they figured that I'd pay them for it or buy a new
    laptop.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Try http://www.voy.com/2237/1338.html

    --

    Vu.

    "zeeshan_70" <zeeshan_70@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Got a bargain at a local pawnshop for a PIII Dell laptop, the problem is
    > that it got a BIOS password.
    >
    > Now the laptop does not have any jumpers (Clr pswd) since all these new
    > laptops have eprom (flash) BIOS so any idea how to remove or clear the
    BIOS.

    > thanks

  6. Archived from groups: comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Found a MUCH better site with step by step instructions at:
    http://qasimtoep.tripod.com/index.html
    click on the Dell part.

    --

    Vu.

    "Vu" <v_le@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Try http://www.voy.com/2237/1338.html
    >

    > --
    >
    > Vu.
    >

    > "zeeshan_70" <zeeshan_70@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Got a bargain at a local pawnshop for a PIII Dell laptop, the problem is
    > > that it got a BIOS password.
    > >
    > > Now the laptop does not have any jumpers (Clr pswd) since all these new
    > > laptops have eprom (flash) BIOS so any idea how to remove or clear the
    > BIOS.
    > >
    > > thanks

  7. This topic has been closed by Pyree

Laptops BIOS