Sign in with
Your question

Wireless connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 8, 2010 3:00:26 PM

first, thanks for any help i can get.
my destop runs on W-XP hard wired to an asus wl500w router and cable modem. no problem there for internet access.
my old laptop running W-XP and linsky adapter recognise my wireless connection to the internet.
my problem starts with my two new laptop; one running W-VISTA, THE OTHER W-7. they will not recognise a wireless connection. no problem if i hardwire them. i tried everything i know (not much experience) and i can't find a solution.

More about : wireless connection

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 8, 2010 3:26:35 PM

Are you sure the wireless radio is enabled?
m
l
March 8, 2010 4:04:46 PM

Quote:
Are you sure the wireless radio is enabled?

hi grumpy, can you expand on your question as i already have a laptop running wireless at this time. i used to have the 3 of them a while back.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 8, 2010 4:27:15 PM

You can turn the wireless radio off/on via either a switch on the laptop or a function key. Usually, when you can't find a wireless network, it's due to the wireless radio being turned off.
m
l
March 8, 2010 7:29:52 PM

Quote:
You can turn the wireless radio off/on via either a switch on the laptop or a function key. Usually, when you can't find a wireless network, it's due to the wireless radio being turned off.

hi grumpy, did manage to get the w-vista on stream. the radio switch was on, but had to re-enter another passphrase because of some changes on the desktop. the w-7 was another bag of tricks. no way could i get a wireless connection; so i contacted toshiba for tech support and after going throught a bunch of trie this or that they came to the conclusion that i had a hardware problem and to return same for exchange or repair. go figure a 5 week old computer failing. quality is not the same it used to be he !
m
l
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 8, 2010 9:35:21 PM

Hope you have better luck with Toshiba repair then I did. It took them 4 tries to repair a customer's laptop correctly.
m
l
March 11, 2010 1:56:02 PM

Quote:
Hope you have better luck with Toshiba repair then I did. It took them 4 tries to repair a customer's laptop correctly.

hi,just to let you know i went to sears yesterday and got me a replacement on the spot; just paid the difference in price. (it helped that i had a case # from Toshiba) right now the new one works almost like a charm. on a different idea i started with dos and worked my way up w-7. right now i am using w-xp, w-vista & w-7and i have to admit that for now even w-7 isn't much better than the rest. it crashed last night for the first time.(hopefully the last. yeah right!)
m
l
!