xp install over windows me

Linda

A co worker installed the full version of xp on a laptop
computer which had windows ME. He didn't
reformat...wanted to simply replace the operating system.
If he lost data..no big deal. He had a backup. Now his
disk space seems very low. He installed in the same
partition as ME, NTSF and said that during install it
indicated thea ME was being deleted...but how can I tell
for sure that ME was deleted and that he doesn't have 2
operating systems?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

IF, he did not upgarde ME but had installed in a dual-boot configuration
then an option would appear during boot asking if he wanted ME or XP. If
there is no option during boot then you can be pretty sure he upgraded ME to
XP.

Also, in Add or Remove Programs there should be a selection to uninstall XP
and go back to ME if it was an upgrade. No such selection will be there for
a dual-boot.