Asus p5e power cuts off

inmate655321

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
About two months ago I lost total video. I was pretty sure my 8800 gts went. Im very tight with money now so I had to wait to buy my en9600gt
asus card. Now I turn it on and the power flickers on and quickly off. I removed everything and reseated. Even removed the video card and I get the same thing. Any ideas?

Solution
It seems like your power Supply has problem. Try to change the different power supply and see how it goes. The reason I say this because you wrote:
Now I turn it on and the power flickers on and quickly off
If the new power supply does not solve your problem than your MB has a short inside cauded the power supply shut down.

tongquang28

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
It seems like your power Supply has problem. Try to change the different power supply and see how it goes. The reason I say this because you wrote:
Now I turn it on and the power flickers on and quickly off
If the new power supply does not solve your problem than your MB has a short inside cauded the power supply shut down.

Solution

inmate655321

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
I have a Ultra 550w modular power supply with internal LED. It seems to power up fine. The motherboard indicates that it is getting power. I stripped down to the very basics. Motherboard with power connection and power switch. I get the same thing. If my power supply appears to be getting juice to the motherboard, could it still be the same issue?