ASUS P6X58D Premium windows 7 64-bit install fail

G

Hi,

Trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my new custom system. The installations does well until the first reboot.

After the first reboot windows starts to load but after approx 15 sec the systems reboots without any error messages. Just before the reboot the screens shows "updating registry settings..."

When I try to reboot i failsafe mode the same thing happens. This time the last line says this before the reboot:

\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys

I have tried to remove all memorymodules except for one. Changed the harddrive and graphichs card. Also tried other types of windows installation medias versions (ultimate/enterprice) all with the same result.

My original setup is:
i7-930 @ 2.8 GHz (standard heatsink)
ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM
Kingston 3x4GB memory (is on the ASUS QVL-list)
Intel SSD 160GB drive

Anyone seen this before?

tongquang28

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I have the same system as you have (also with 12GB). I had a sampe problem the first time and it resolved by using EAUSUS Partion Free Audition to delete and create new partition the HD to Primary and NTSC. By the way Is the W7 64 bit are original? if not you have to use another way.

Since you have the same system, I would like to ask you How to use all 12GB memory (DDR3) 6x2GB. The system is too slow and it looks like I can utilize 3.99GB. Thanks for anyone to help!!

Trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my new custom system. The installations does well until the first reboot.

After the first reboot windows starts to load but after approx 15 sec the systems reboots without any error messages. Just before the reboot the screens shows "updating registry settings..."

When I try to reboot i failsafe mode the same thing happens. This time the last line says this before the reboot:

I have tried to remove all memorymodules except for one. Changed the harddrive and graphichs card. Also tried other types of windows installation medias versions (ultimate/enterprice) all with the same result.

My original setup is:
ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM
Intel SSD 160GB drive

Anyone seen this before?[/quotemsg]

G

I have now successfully installed windows 7 64-bit. :

I went into the BIOS and disabled all devices and CPU features. Then it worked.
However the computer is now kind of crippled.

Have now added networking ans all 3x4gb memory and is now updating the system from windows update. Works like a rocket!

Will try to start adding more devices and CPU functions after the ms-updates. Will be interesting to see if it breaks again.

Thanks for the tips and stay tuned for an update.

Hi,

My original setup is:
ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM
Intel SSD 160GB drive

Anyone seen this before?

G

Now I have most likely isolated the issue. IF CPU-setting "C1E" is enabled the system fails to boot windows7 as described earlier. Disabled it works fine. Don't seem to matter how the other CPU-settings are set.