Cooler master sileo or nzxt hush or antec solo

not a gaming pc.
looking for the most quiet case in this prices range.
herd that those 3 can be potential for it.
know that it`s important first to pic silent components.
8 answers Last reply
More about cooler master sileo nzxt hush antec solo
  1. nzxt whisper, antec 193,183, but out of those, i pick hush
  2. Well you could also select after market cooling for more silent ops as well hehe
  3. ubernoobie said:
    nzxt whisper, antec 193,183, but out of those, i pick hush

i read in some reviews that the whisper , and the 183 (or was it the 182 ) are not so silent.
    the 193 is way out of budget (especially in my country).
    can you specify a bit why you prefer the hush over the antec solo or the cm sileo?
  4. batuchka said:
    Well you could also select after market cooling for more silent ops as well hehe

they don`t distribute the aftermarket in my country.
  5. You might want to do some research at www.silentpcreview.com .

I have used the Antec Solo, and it is my favorite case.

Most of the noise will come from fast turning fans, but if you keep those fans under 1000 rpm, then you will have decent quiet.

Looking at your alternatives, I don't like the usb location on the Hush, and I don't like front doors. The sileo looks better than the hush to me.

I also like washable intake filters, which the Solo has, and I don't know if the others do also.

The solo is also available in white with a PSU as the designer 500. The original case was the P150 which really looks good in white.
  6. if i`m preparing to pay more, do you think that the antec p-180,182,183 will be quieter then the solo?
  7. ottis said:
    if i`m preparing to pay more, do you think that the antec p-180,182,183 will be quieter then the solo?

I have used the P-180 before. It is about as quiet as the Solo. I think the P183 is probably better since it is the third enhancement of the P180. Think about it though. What makes the noise in your case? And what can you do about it?
    1) Some hard drives are a bit noisy. Use a SSD, totally silent.
    2) VGA cards can be noisy, particularly while gaming. Integrated motherboard graphics will be silent if they are strong enough for your needs. There are discrete cards with no fans, but you need adequate case cooling for them to work.
    3) A PSU can be noisy, particularly if it is underpowered, and the fan spins up. Solution is to do some research on quiet psu's, and buy one that is somewhat overpowered so the fan will not have to work hard.
    4) What else needs to be cooled? The Cpu. Look for a modern cpu built on 45nm mfg technology. Next quarter, you should see 32nm cpu's coming out, and even the current 45nm cpu's will have lower power versions.
    A fanless heat sink is a possibility, but not for a strong cpu. Liquid cooling with a passive radiator, like the Zalman reserator could work. In the end, a slow turning fan on a good heat sink will be quiet, if not silent.

To net it all out, keep your fans large and slow, and you will have a quiet system.
  8. i guess you are right.
    but, as i said i`m working on it too. a graphic card with passive cooling etc.
    read in forums mixed opinion about the silent work of those two.
    there is also the p-182, and it interesting to check did they improved anything in this issue on the 183.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cooler Master Antec Cases Gaming Systems Product