Sign in with
Your question

USB mass storage devices not accessabile unless I restart.

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Storage
  • USB
  • Devices
Last response: in Storage
November 9, 2011 10:38:22 PM

USB mass storage devices not accessabile unless I restart.

My problem is as follows, when I plug in any USB mass storage devices, it will be identified (appears in the remove hardware icon). Also it appears under the disk drives in device manager. Now, when I check the disk management, it appears without a driver letter. Moreover, it appears as a partitioned disk the first being healthy and active (but with the same capacity as the system disk!! which I think is an indication to something) and the other is unallocated. When I restart the computer with the usb mass storage device plugged in, it functions normally but when unplugged and plugged in again the same problem occurs. This problem happens to any mass storage device I attach to the computer.
Here is a screenshot of Disk management (see disk 3 which is originally not partitioned and works fine when plugged in on restart)

Thanks in advance.

More about : usb mass storage devices accessabile restart

a b G Storage
November 18, 2011 8:58:43 PM

Suggestion: Back up all your Data and format this USB Flash Drive!!!
m
l
November 19, 2011 6:55:02 AM

I'm 100% sure that the problem isn't in the flash drives becuase it happens for any hard disk or flash that I connect. Which means the problem is in my computer. Everything is fine if the device is plugged in when the system starts but if I connect anything after the system starts that's when problems occur
m
l
!