Help with my watercooling setup

indiglo121

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Will the following allow for a good cooling solution for the 2 GPU's and CPU?

From what I've read, most people feel it would be better to use the GT 1850rpm fans.

The diagram is to scale. So the sizes you see, are likely to be very similar to how large they are in the actual build. Naturally, this also applies to the amount of free space available.

7273013426_60743d2523_b.jpg

Thanks in advance!

indiglo121

Honorable
May 26, 2012
for some reason, the picture isn't working, and the message can't be edited. So I've attached it here!

7278080280_4cb37bce89_c.jpg

EDIT: pic update

Some of your fan orientations are off, and I'd be happier if the 240 at the top was a 360 maybe mounted externally as the optical drive is in the top slot, and I would have at least 1500rpm fans on EX's, the RX and RS series like slower fans, but the EX loves faster ones, I use 2k Rpm units on my Ex's wound down using a fan controller
Other than that, follow the rule of thumb for fans, front, bottom and side are intakes, top and rear are exhausts,
Apart from those points it looks ok man,
Moto

Like I said Rubix, happier if one was a 360, (Better if both were)
but two 240's could hold Op with no overclocking,
he hasn't mentioned his intentions on that front though
I'm tempted to recommend some tinkering with the IHS though, try and keep that chip as cool as we can
Moto

indiglo121

Honorable
May 26, 2012
By fan orientation, do you mean placing the fans on the top, above the radiator?

As you may have realised, this is a micro-ATX case. I don't have the room to add another radiator, except possibly a 120mm rad to the bottom. I don't plan on overclocking - gaming is the main intention of this rig. Given the space constraints, air cooling would be abysmal, so water cooling seems to be the only viable way.

I don't want to place the radiator outside the case. I know that this is difficult, but I would really like to give it a go, and would appreciate as much help as I can get.

Can anyone recommend the quietest 2000 rpm fan available? I'm fully aware that "quiet" is not really applicable to such fans.

Thanks

From the drawing I'd have taken it to be larger than M-Atx but,

By fan orientation I meant the fans you have blowing in, some of them should be blowing out and vice versa, lets have some pics of the case as it will be placed in the end.
if the pic above is going to be a 'from above' shot then its workable though,
Moto

Ok in that case its as I originally stated then, front,side and bottom fans as intake, top and rear as exhaust,
*apologies there, I hadn't actually stated that as far as I can see in this thread, I'm just used to having mentioned it by now hehe,
its a general rule of thumb in cooling though
Moto

indiglo121

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Would Scythe Gentle Typhoon 5400 RPM suffice for the above setup? I could use a controller to reduce the speed to ca.3000rpm

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I owned one of those, btw. They did sound like a miniature hairdryer or leaf blower. I actually called mine the 5800 Ultra-leafblower deluxe.

There was a HUGE amount of copper used for the cooler, though. The thing weighed a lot compared to most cards these days.

indiglo121

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Haha, I said 5400rpm because it costs the same as the 3200rpm fan. I figured I might as well just get the faster ones and slow them down with a controller and still have the option to go cooler if necessary!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
NP...you can also embed image links to files with .jpg, .bmp, .png, etc using and [/ img] tags as well.

You can also embed video, but not sure what the tags are...I'll need to check. I've only seen it a couple times on here.