Windows 7 home premium - xp compatibility mode

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Compatibility
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows 7
December 19, 2009 5:47:25 PM

hi there,
is it true that the windows 7 home premium edition does not have the xp compatibility mode like the professional and ultimate editions have.?
thnx

More about : windows home premium compatibility mode

a b $ Windows 7
December 19, 2009 6:02:58 PM

Yes. What do you need it for?
m
l
December 19, 2009 6:21:56 PM

Ijack said:
Yes. What do you need it for?

i need it for installing softwares compatible with win xp nd vista
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 19, 2009 6:27:46 PM

If it's compatible with Vista, then there should be no reason why it won't run under 7.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 19, 2009 6:28:03 PM

Most XP and Vista software should work just fine on Windows 7 (you may need to alter the compatibility settings). Do you have a particular bit of software that doesn't work on Windows 7?
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2009 1:55:59 AM

Zmud does not work on vista, unless you use XP compatibility mode. So im Assuming that it is not going to work on 7 home premium. if you want to see if you can get it to work and help me i would appreciate it. It does have a free trial. (the problem is not opening when installed but after you reboot your computer and try to open it again) www.zuggsoft.com for the program.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2009 7:20:05 AM

Quote:
Zmud does not work on vista, unless you use XP compatibility mode. So im Assuming that it is not going to work on 7 home premium. if you want to see if you can get it to work and help me i would appreciate it. It does have a free trial. (the problem is not opening when installed but after you reboot your computer and try to open it again) www.zuggsoft.com for the program.

Why not use CMUD, which is supported on Windows 7?
m
l
!