jay

Is there any way to get rid of existing walls once placed ?
It would come in handy, as often a house needs to be remodeled, and it seems
the only way to do it is build another section then use a door.
If existing walls could be removed then there would be much better access to
the new area and no need of a new door.
If this can't be done I suppose it has something to do with the roof.

Jay wrote:
> Is there any way to get rid of existing walls once placed ?
<snip>

Yes. The same way you place them, except you hold down the ctrl key.

Jay,
You just have to select the build a wall function then hold Ctrl then go
over the walls you want to remove. You can use this to remove a pool and
other build items as well, such as fences, doors and windows (although the
hand tool is easier to use for the last two) Also, remember to remove the
roof before remodelling (the icon for this is in the auto roof option- it
looks like a roof with a slash through it) though if you take a wall away,
the roof wil usually collapse.

Happy remodeling!

"Jay" <19@99.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to get rid of existing walls once placed ?
> It would come in handy, as often a house needs to be remodeled, and it
seems
> the only way to do it is build another section then use a door.
> If existing walls could be removed then there would be much better access
> the new area and no need of a new door.
> If this can't be done I suppose it has something to do with the roof.

---

jay

"Harvis" <SALLYTESSIER@rogers.com> wrote in news:x5SdnRi4z6HBckTcRVn-
2g@rogers.com:

> Jay,
> You just have to select the build a wall function then hold Ctrl then go
> over the walls you want to remove. You can use this to remove a pool and
> other build items as well, such as fences, doors and windows (although the
> hand tool is easier to use for the last two)

Thanks for the tips.

> Also, remember to remove the
> roof before remodelling (the icon for this is in the auto roof option- it
> looks like a roof with a slash through it) though if you take a wall away,
> the roof wil usually collapse.
>
> Happy remodeling!

Hmmm I'll have to try that sometime just to see it collapse - Preferably on a
pesky neighbor.
As far as building a second floor, do you need to add some kind of sub floor
or something ?
Or do you just put steps in, and the floor is assumed to already be there ?