Top LGA 1366 Motherboard Comparsion - 6+ PCI Express 2.0 x16

rallyboy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Hi guys again...

I was looking at the top motherboard for a 3-way + SLI motherboard for my new rig and I am at my last thoughts before buying it. I'm looking for a computer for every use...

I am going for 2-way SLI GeForce 480 GTX for now and in 3-4 months for 3-way. I'll use my computer for mostly multitasking and rendering's [video, image editing] and on my free time of work some hardcore gaming. All motherboards at the comparison look the same pretty much but the EVGA one, I found it at the cheapest price at where I live o_O

Thanks, any advices are appreciated.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
As Maz said, 3 way SLI isn't going to do much good. it will be some extra performance, but its not going to do anything two 480's wont do. especially not enough to justify the price.

is there any real reason you wanted the three? if you are no longer looking at mobos with three slots you can also save some cash there.

As you can see in that link,the difference between 2 and 3 GTX 480s isn't worth the extra cash,here is another review
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-480-3-way-sli-crossfire,2622-12.html
Unless you play at a resolution like that,there is no need to go with 3 GTX 480s