Request on 3D Graphics Programming, Online Gaming, I-Mode etc

aditya258

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Hello, my name is Aditya Sadhula and I am working on developing and programming for games, having 2+ years experience. Now I want to learn more about 3D Graphics Programming, Sound Development, Online Gaming. Please tell me some of the best sites I can check and especially some offline resources/trainings that can help me gain some good experience.

Thanks in advance for all you members' help in this regard.

Thanks,
Aditya

tarun321

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Hello Aditya,

If you just do a web search you can find several web resources. It is apt time now to upgrade yourself. The global gaming market was estimated at $36 billion in 2008 and is expected to grow at CAGR of 10.5 percent to reach $53.6 billion by 2012. The mobile and online gaming are relatively new segment in the global gaming arena, but have grown rapidly to account for 29 percent (mobile) and 24 percent (online) of global gaming revenues. Game consoles are evolving into multi-functional entertainment systems, offering multiplayer gameplay on the internet, internet browsing capability and options to play high definition movies. Most of the outsourcing contracts in Asia are finding their way to India.

I also highly recommend you attending the first and independent annual India Game Developer Summit to be held Saturday, 27 February 2010 in Bangalore. All the topics covered, speakers can be read in detail at http://www.gamedevelopersummit.com. Topcis covered include industry methodologies in game development, design, production, programming, visual arts and writing. The speakers are gurus on various subjects from mobile and indie games to MMOs and AAA games, from US etc. Plus there is focus on Gaming Careers/Jobs about plans employed in game development and operation studios in the U.S. and how they can be adopted in India. You can directly register at: http://www.gamedevelopersummit.com/registeronline. I did already with some good discounts.

Woot!
Tarun Gupta