Sims get the flu a lot!

Hello All:
I've been playing with the Pleasents. I got a cheat and I have managed to
bring Lillith up to an A student, miracles of miracles. However, they all
sem to get sick a lot. I try to keep them away from other sick sims that
come over and don't let them eat bad food etc but it still seems to be
happening. One of them is always sick. Is this normal and is there any way
to stop it?

Thanks
Barb
5 answers Last reply
More about sims

    "Barbara Buckley" <BBuckley58@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hello All:
    > I've been playing with the Pleasents. I got a cheat and I have managed to
    > bring Lillith up to an A student, miracles of miracles. However, they all
    > sem to get sick a lot. I try to keep them away from other sick sims that
    > come over and don't let them eat bad food etc but it still seems to be
    > happening. One of them is always sick. Is this normal and is there any way
    > to stop it?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Barb

    This is one of the hacks I'm planning on working on, to stop the spread of
    diseases and hopefully to stop the Sims from getting sick at work. I've
    already seen the code lines, I just have to have the time to do it. I did
    do a hack to stop the roaches from getting your sims sick. It's up in
    beta/gamehacks at MTS2. Eventually, I'll get around to doing this disease
    thing. In the meantime, if you want to stop your sims from getting sick,
    for a healthy sim, you need to either use one of my hacks that has the
    disease immunity code, that should be the xmas shrub up in beta over at
    MTS2, or use SimPe to add the immunity token to memory, but make it
    invisible. All of my attempts to make a disease cure were unsuccessful, but
    maybe one day I'll get it right :D
    --
    Carrigon
    http://carrigon1.proboards43.com

    Barbara Buckley wrote:
    > Hello All:
    > I've been playing with the Pleasents. I got a cheat and I have
    > managed to bring Lillith up to an A student, miracles of miracles.
    > However, they all sem to get sick a lot. I try to keep them away
    from
    > other sick sims that come over and don't let them eat bad food etc
    > but it still seems to be happening. One of them is always sick. Is
    > this normal and is there any way to stop it?

    The flu is one of the most annoying things about the Sims 2 - once one
    sim in the family gets it, it's hard to prevent the others from
    getting it. You have to completely isolate them. Just a little contact
    can spread it.

    To get them well, the best way seems to make them relax on their bed.

    Has anyone found a way for visitors to drink the medicine from the Science
    career award?
    little Dean is sick and I can't be arsed going into his house..
    but I guess I am going to have to

    the medicine is great, my scientist sim, Madison is a theorist and although
    her family rarely get sick
    she had a cold a few days ago and the medicine cleared it right up!

    --
    - D

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
    > Barbara Buckley wrote:
    >> Hello All:
    >> I've been playing with the Pleasents. I got a cheat and I have
    >> managed to bring Lillith up to an A student, miracles of miracles.
    >> However, they all sem to get sick a lot. I try to keep them away
    > from
    >> other sick sims that come over and don't let them eat bad food etc
    >> but it still seems to be happening. One of them is always sick. Is
    >> this normal and is there any way to stop it?
    >
    > The flu is one of the most annoying things about the Sims 2 - once one
    > sim in the family gets it, it's hard to prevent the others from
    > getting it. You have to completely isolate them. Just a little contact
    > can spread it.
    >
    > To get them well, the best way seems to make them relax on their bed.

    I put up a small hack over at MTS2 to stop the spread of diseases, make them
    no longer contagious. It's still in the testing stage if anyone wants to
    try it. It's in beta/game hacks:
    http://forums.modthesims2.com

    --
    Carrigon
    http://carrigon1.proboards43.com
    TV and Movie Spoilers on the Darkside

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in

    > Barbara Buckley wrote:
    >> Hello All:
    >> I've been playing with the Pleasents. I got a cheat and I have
    >> managed to bring Lillith up to an A student, miracles of
    >> miracles. However, they all sem to get sick a lot. I try to keep
    >> them away
    > from
    >> other sick sims that come over and don't let them eat bad food
    >> etc but it still seems to be happening. One of them is always
    >> sick. Is this normal and is there any way to stop it?
    >
    > The flu is one of the most annoying things about the Sims 2 - once
    > one sim in the family gets it, it's hard to prevent the others
    > from getting it. You have to completely isolate them. Just a
    > little contact can spread it.

    I figured this out after it had spread through my entire neighborhood.
    I opened each house one at a time and played until they were all well,
    meanwhile not allowing them to have any visitors. No one has gotten
    sick since (knock wood). I think I've eradicated the virus! :)

    --
    ---->Sagittaria<----

    They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we
    just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's
    worked for over 200 years and hell, we're not using it anymore.

Sims Games Video Games