Max i can oc i can get on 2500k with nice watercooling loop

hutchmuch

Honorable
May 27, 2012
cpu= 2500k @4.7 ghz @1.37v
cooling = custom very high grade water cooling loop with a 360 rad and a 240 rad
my cpu runs at about 35 degrees celsius idle and 56 degrees under full load, i want to push my system to the max, will still maintaining a reliable system that wont break my cpu. whats the best voltage and clock speed i could run at ?

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
I would just go up in increments, you clearly have very little reason to worry about heat. A core voltage above 1.5 is not recommended, but like I said, you have the cooling power. Also, dual GPUs stop being bottlenecked at all at 4.8GHz, so 5GHz should be more than plenty. I have an i7 2600K @4.5GHz 1.31v stable, and from personal experience, for every 100MHz (0.1GHz), I bump up the core voltage by 0.01 until stable. Prime95 is a good option.

Hope this helps! :)

Here's the bottom line, your 2500K @ 4500Mhz will do whatever you need it to do, you are already in a comfortable zone @ 4700Mhz with a 56c load temp, there are very few applications that will benefit going any further, standard gaming will not benefit at all, CPU intensive gaming like Flight Simulator Ten will increase performance, but not earth shaking.

The higher you increase the multiplier, the higher the voltage you'll need to run to stabilize that multiplier level, and it needs to be a continuation of the stepping process that got you where you are now, unless you were given the settings you're presently running now.

Increasing the multiplier also affects memory stability, and you will get to a point it will also come into serious stability to resolve, so when you say your load temp is 56c, load temp under what?

If you used a stepping process to get where you are, just continue stepping up to the next level, and let us know how it goes.