Your question

My xbox wireless controller wont show on my laptop

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
February 17, 2010 9:35:51 AM

Hi, my xbox 360 wireless controller wont show on my laptop, I am using the usb charger and i have installed xbcd, when i insert the usb , nothing shows up on windows, my controller just charges(boooooooooring) can anyone help me?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
February 17, 2010 9:38:39 AM

Quote:
Hi, my xbox 360 wireless controller wont show on my laptop, I am using the usb charger and i have installed xbcd, when i insert the usb , nothing shows up on windows, my controller just charges(boooooooooring) can anyone help me?

can anyone hu replies please say any software that i may need to install, no viruses or malware please!
a b à CPUs
February 17, 2010 10:02:50 AM

Why would you want to use a clunky oversized xbox controller on your laptop anyway ?

You will need some driver software to get it to work (if its possible at all). I know some people use the controllers on PC's but not sure if they need special software or modding.
Related resources
February 17, 2010 11:58:56 AM

The charging cord for the wireless 360 controller offers no means of connectivity. it is only for charging. if you want a Microsoft 360 controller on your pc, you will be purchasing a wired controller.
February 21, 2010 8:51:47 PM

I had the same problem is you did. I talk to one of the representaves of microsoft and they told me that I needed an adapter that receives the signal from my wireless controller, it's called Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver. I got mines here. Look at the link, hope it helps. After I purchased the receiver my xbox controller was working but I also needed to purchase xpadder to it can configure my keyboard and mouse to play with some games like call of duty world at world that is made for a keyboard and mouse. Have a nice day.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000HZFCT...

!