Elves and the sims

There is an elf character built into the game..
well I mean a head..
that you can pick..
does anyone know if the Elves in the game are programmed to be hated??

I had an elf married to a human and he died in a neighbors kitchen fire..
so I made an elf that looked just like him move into her neighborhood..
but one of the Ex files guys (Strange ville) keeps coming over and yelling
at him and then leaving (walks right into his home without knocking or
standing outside to eb greeted)
and he NEVER Gets any visitors other than that mean guy.
So the girl never comes to visit her dead husband lookalike and the only way
I got him a friend was a cashier from downtown who cannot be romanced for
some reason (is there a way to tell if she is a teen or not? she doesn't
really look like one but who can always tell?)

anyway my sis thinks maybe elves are shunned in Sims..
is this true?

thanks
Chey

Mike and Chey wrote:
<snip>
> anyway my sis thinks maybe elves are shunned in Sims..
> is this true?

I don't think so. I have a number of them and they seem to be treated
like anyone else.

You get that mean guy visiting by looking through the telescope during
the day. The sim is spying on other people, and they don't like it.

All the cashiers are teens (the best way to tell age is by their
height - they are slightly shorter than adults)

You get visitors mostly by location. That is, usually sims nearby
that lot will visit first. If there aren't any nearby, then it seems
like there are fewer vistors (but they should still get some).

angie

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

I haven't seen an elf how do I make one appear??
"Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
> There is an elf character built into the game..
> well I mean a head..
> that you can pick..
> does anyone know if the Elves in the game are programmed to be hated??
>
> I had an elf married to a human and he died in a neighbors kitchen fire..
> so I made an elf that looked just like him move into her neighborhood..
> but one of the Ex files guys (Strange ville) keeps coming over and yelling
> at him and then leaving (walks right into his home without knocking or
> standing outside to eb greeted)
> and he NEVER Gets any visitors other than that mean guy.
> So the girl never comes to visit her dead husband lookalike and the only
> way I got him a friend was a cashier from downtown who cannot be romanced
> for some reason (is there a way to tell if she is a teen or not? she
> doesn't really look like one but who can always tell?)
>
> anyway my sis thinks maybe elves are shunned in Sims..
> is this true?
>
> thanks
> Chey

Hi angie..

you make them.
in the bodyshop on the last page of the faces there is an option for pointy
ear elves.
:)

Angie wrote:
> I haven't seen an elf how do I make one appear??

They aren't necessarily elves, they are just sharp faced, pointy eared
people (in real life, some people actually have pointy ears. Mike
Jones, who saved the Superbowl for the Rams a few years ago, is one).
It's one of the last selections for heads in Body Shop or the Create a
Sim section fo the game.

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> Angie wrote:
> > I haven't seen an elf how do I make one appear??
>
> They aren't necessarily elves, they are just sharp faced, pointy eared
> people (in real life, some people actually have pointy ears. Mike
> Jones, who saved the Superbowl for the Rams a few years ago, is one).
> It's one of the last selections for heads in Body Shop or the Create a
> Sim section fo the game.

Also the ears are good for creatures like vampires and wolves too :)

or vulcans - if youre a trekkie

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
>> Angie wrote:
>> > I haven't seen an elf how do I make one appear??
>>
>> They aren't necessarily elves, they are just sharp faced, pointy eared
>> people (in real life, some people actually have pointy ears. Mike
>> Jones, who saved the Superbowl for the Rams a few years ago, is one).
>> It's one of the last selections for heads in Body Shop or the Create a
>> Sim section fo the game.
>
> Also the ears are good for creatures like vampires and wolves too :)

:)))
three-quarters trekkie here as I don't really like TOS

"chubchub" <group1@gmx.net> wrote in message
> or vulcans - if youre a trekkie
>

> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> They aren't necessarily elves, they are just sharp faced, pointy eared
> >> people (in real life, some people actually have pointy ears. Mike
> >> Jones, who saved the Superbowl for the Rams a few years ago, is one).
> >> It's one of the last selections for heads in Body Shop or the Create a
> >> Sim section fo the game.
> >
> > Also the ears are good for creatures like vampires and wolves too :)

Oh boy - finally! I feel the very same way (not actually being too fond of
TOS)

.... having said that, I guess we have to watch our backs from now on when we
leave the house ...

:O)

> :)))
> three-quarters trekkie here as I don't really like TOS
>
> "chubchub" <group1@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> or vulcans - if youre a trekkie
>>

>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >
>> > "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

>> > Also the ears are good for creatures like vampires and wolves too :)

I have to admit, I like spock, mccoy and scotty................but kirk just
got on my last nerve.
Here is an interesting tidbit.

A young black girl was watching star trek and yelled to her mom that there
was a black woman on it and she was not playing a maid. Nichelle Nichols
became kind of an idol for that young girl..............who we all know as
Whoopi Goldberg :)

> Oh boy - finally! I feel the very same way (not actually being too fond of
> TOS)
>
> ... having said that, I guess we have to watch our backs from now on when
we
> leave the house ...
>
> :O)
>

> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > :)))
> > three-quarters trekkie here as I don't really like TOS
> >
> > "chubchub" <group1@gmx.net> wrote in message
> >> or vulcans - if youre a trekkie
> >>

> >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Neal

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> A young black girl was watching star trek and yelled to her mom that
> there
> was a black woman on it and she was not playing a maid. Nichelle
> Nichols
> became kind of an idol for that young girl..............who we all
> know as
> Whoopi Goldberg :)

... who we all know went on to be a recurring character on the second
ST series...

Neal wrote:
> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>> A young black girl was watching star trek and yelled to her mom
that
>> there
>> was a black woman on it and she was not playing a maid. Nichelle
>> Nichols
>> became kind of an idol for that young girl..............who we all
>> know as
>> Whoopi Goldberg :)
>
> .. who we all know went on to be a recurring character on the second
> ST series...

As a bartender...

> Neal wrote:
>> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A young black girl was watching star trek and yelled to her mom
> that
>>> there
>>> was a black woman on it and she was not playing a maid. Nichelle
>>> Nichols
>>> became kind of an idol for that young girl..............who we all
>>> know as
>>> Whoopi Goldberg :)
>>
>> .. who we all know went on to be a recurring character on the second
>> ST series...
>
> As a bartender...

She still managed to save the ship ;o)

Neal

Stormstruck <stormstruck_@NOSPAMMYhotmail.com> wrote:
> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote
>> Neal wrote:
>>> .. who we all know went on to be a recurring character on the
>>> second
>>> ST series...
>> As a bartender...
> She still managed to save the ship ;o)

"You're not supposed to be here..."

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:43:03 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
<jer@connectria.com> wrote:

>Neal wrote:
>> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A young black girl was watching star trek and yelled to her mom
>that
>>> there
>>> was a black woman on it and she was not playing a maid. Nichelle
>>> Nichols
>>> became kind of an idol for that young girl..............who we all
>>> know as
>>> Whoopi Goldberg :)
>>
>> .. who we all know went on to be a recurring character on the second
>> ST series...
>
>As a bartender...

She was more than a bartender. At the very least, she managed the
bar. But also, the fact that she and the ship's captain were personal
friends indicates higher status.

BW

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:43:03 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
> <jer@connectria.com> wrote:
>
>> Neal wrote:

>>> .. who we all know went on to be a recurring character on the
second
>>> ST series...
>>
>> As a bartender...
>
> She was more than a bartender. At the very least, she managed the
> bar. But also, the fact that she and the ship's captain were
personal
> friends indicates higher status.
>
> BW

So was "Isaac" on the Love Boat.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:51:19 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
<jer@connectria.com> wrote:

>barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:43:03 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
>> <jer@connectria.com> wrote:

>all

>second
>>>
>>> As a bartender...
>>
>> She was more than a bartender. At the very least, she managed the
>> bar. But also, the fact that she and the ship's captain were
>personal
>> friends indicates higher status.
>
>So was "Isaac" on the Love Boat.

I don't know who that was. I never saw the show.

BW