Sound from the h100 block

fc0712

Honorable
May 21, 2012
i got a weird sound from the block, the one that is mounted on the cpu i got it since i mounted it

what can it be, can it be air bubble in the unit?

What kind of sound is it?
rattle, knocking, glub glub?
It could be an airlock, it could be a loose screw, if you are certain it is the H100 making the noise, try rotating you Pc whilst on, all angles, upside down, on its side etc, to try and work the lock out
Moto

your fans are one of the quietest fans out there so i don't think it's from fans,most likely it's the pump.i would suggest contacting corsair,their customer service is excellent and they will help you for sure.

Thats perfectly normal pump noise, amplified by the fact its a lower end example,
Corsair won't see that as a fault though
if you are up to it, try removing the outer shell and packing the void with something to deaden/absorb the sound,
and don't froget the bleeding/rotating as I first mentioned, it may help a little
Moto

Lutfij

Titan
rubix did mention that alot of people have been complaining of rattling units/leaking packages and even a bag filled with their "proprietary" coolant...

corsairs going sloppy i suppose.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Noise sounds pretty normal from what I have heard on the web about Corsair units...they seem to make that 'ticking' sound. The noise also closely resembles a case fan with a wire hitting the blades, but I would expect that sound to be much more defined and easy to isolate.