Sound from the h100 block

i got a weird sound from the block, the one that is mounted on the cpu i got it since i mounted it

what can it be, can it be air bubble in the unit?
59 answers Last reply
More about sound h100 block
  1. i mounted it friday
  2. What kind of sound is it?
    rattle, knocking, glub glub?
    It could be an airlock, it could be a loose screw, if you are certain it is the H100 making the noise, try rotating you Pc whilst on, all angles, upside down, on its side etc, to try and work the lock out
    Moto
  3. how can i upload a sound file so you can hear it?
  4. are you sure it is not the fan rattling sound? because stock h100 fans are crappy and no where near quiet.
  5. Re:Soundfile, probably best to video on cameraphone and upload the vid to imageshack or photobucket, then paste the directlink in a post here
    Moto
  6. ok i will do that
  7. i use noctua nf-f12 fans
  8. your fans are one of the quietest fans out there so i don't think it's from fans,most likely it's the pump.i would suggest contacting corsair,their customer service is excellent and they will help you for sure.
  9. how should i contact them?
  10. email.
  11. Thats perfectly normal pump noise, amplified by the fact its a lower end example,
    Corsair won't see that as a fault though
    if you are up to it, try removing the outer shell and packing the void with something to deaden/absorb the sound,
    and don't froget the bleeding/rotating as I first mentioned, it may help a little
    Moto
  12. i have contacted and linked the movie that shows it, and i will see what they say
  13. Ok man, let us know how it goes,
    Moto
  14. i will do:)
  15. rubix did mention that alot of people have been complaining of rattling units/leaking packages and even a bag filled with their "proprietary" coolant...

    corsairs going sloppy i suppose.
  16. Noise sounds pretty normal from what I have heard on the web about Corsair units...they seem to make that 'ticking' sound. The noise also closely resembles a case fan with a wire hitting the blades, but I would expect that sound to be much more defined and easy to isolate.
  17. so you mean there is nothing wrong with my cooler?
  18. also another probable cause :/
  19. sorry for double post, if temps aren't horrible(bad) then you have nothing to worry about. WCS - your pump fails, cpu notices overheating threshold, system shuts down.
  20. should i rma it ? or wait till corsair comes with their updated h100 without the noise?
  21. Are you seeing bad temps or is it just the noise? If your temps are fine, why RMA it?
  22. i got 32-35 celsius in idle 3570k stock clock
  23. That's very respectable. How about load temps?
  24. how can i test load temps?
  25. Intel Burn Test.
  26. ok i will do that and return with the temps
  27. between 60-65 celsius on maximum stress and runned 2 passes
  28. That's pretty normal...I'd say it's running as expected.
  29. but should it really be so loud?
  30. your video depicts the sound to be in the normal range. anything louder than that we'd have pounced on corsairs build quality and workmanship for giving such a crappy unit to end users.

    all in all - your worrying too much :)
  31. but i thought the h100 were as silence as nh-d14
  32. Where did you hear that? ...Maybe on low speeds, but you'd need it set on high to achieve around the same cooling potential as the NH-D14.
  33. but i got the noctua nh-d14 and have heard that it then were about the same noise on high
  34. meant got the nf-f12 fans
  35. rubix_1011 said:
    Where did you hear that? ...Maybe on low speeds, but you'd need it set on high to achieve around the same cooling potential as the NH-D14.


    he mentioned in his early post that he uses 2x noctua fans for his h100.
  36. should be as loud as it is in the video, and should i rma it or order a fix?
  37. bottom line, the unit is fine. careful research will show that the H100 cooler is much nosier compared to other high end coolers.

    NH D14 is a cooler, NF-F12 is a fan. Site clearly states that they aren't silent, and have been designed for high static pressure scenarios like rads and tightly spaced fins.

    another instance of a misinformed purchase. With the way this is going, I suppose corsair will even shrug off the noise as it is doing its job the way it was advertised.
  38. Lutfij said:
    bottom line, the unit is fine. careful research will show that the H100 cooler is much nosier compared to other high end coolers.

    NH D14 is a cooler, NF-F12 is a fan. Site clearly states that they aren't silent, and have been designed for high static pressure scenarios like rads and tightly spaced fins.

    another instance of a misinformed purchase. With the way this is going, I suppose corsair will even shrug off the noise as it is doing its job the way it was advertised.


    best answer IMO.
  39. Agreed.

    I'll also state what I've stated many times before- people think a Corsair/Antec closed loop cooler will drastically cool better than their very good air cooler and are disappointed when they do not. Furthermore, they usually perform, on average, about the same as most good coolers while running their fans at higher speeds to achieve the same cooling. Just because the box you bought says 'liquid cooler' on it, doesn't mean it performs like an actual watercooling loop; because it doesn't.
  40. i have ask a lot of places about noctua nf-f12 and corsair h100 and heard it was really silent
  41. it depends on rpm.if you run the fans with highest rpm then don't expect silence.
  42. how can i see there rpm, is there something about they run on their highest rpm on low setting on h100?
  43. rubix_1011 said:
    Agreed.

    I'll also state what I've stated many times before- people think a Corsair/Antec closed loop cooler will drastically cool better than their very good air cooler and are disappointed when they do not. Furthermore, they usually perform, on average, about the same as most good coolers while running their fans at higher speeds to achieve the same cooling. Just because the box you bought says 'liquid cooler' on it, doesn't mean it performs like an actual watercooling loop; because it doesn't.

    I am one such person who had to learn it the hard way :P. In fact the liquid inside a heatpipe assembled air cooler also qualifies as a liquid cooler... [:lutfij:2]

    btw, thanks fire24+rubix :)
  44. That pump noise is not normal, and pump noise on the Hydro series coolers is an acknowledged problem in a small percentage of units ...

    http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107252

    I have my H100 hooked up to my Lamptron fan controller, and at 100% (around 2150 RPM), my pump has the same noise as in your video. When I drop it to 90% (1750 RPM) the noise is completely eliminated with minimal impact to cooling performance. Others have used a diode to reduce the voltage with the same beneficial result.

    Corsair has been able to reproduce the problem in their lab, which is "a tolerance issue in the ceramic bearing around the pump shaft". Reference: http://www.overclock.net/t/1236923/corsair-h100-h80-h60-noise-grinding-pump-fix/240#post_17333576

    They're currently tightening their screening process on their next manufacturing batch and will be providing information on how to RMA your units once it's confirmed they're available in-house without the noise issue. I'd recommend you follow that thread on overclock.net as Corsair George is posting updates there.
  45. i am following that thread but thanks:)
  46. but how do i plug it in to a fan controller when i only can plug in fan connectors
  47. Quote:
    Corsair has been able to reproduce the problem in their lab, which is "a tolerance issue in the ceramic bearing around the pump shaft". Reference: http://www.overclock.net/t/1236923 [...] t_17333576

    They're currently tightening their screening process on their next manufacturing batch and will be providing information on how to RMA your units once it's confirmed they're available in-house without the noise issue. I'd recommend you follow that thread on overclock.net as Corsair George is posting updates there.


    I'd say stop messing with it and get an RMA. If they've announced this on a public forum, they're aware of it. Get a 'fixed' unit.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling CPUs Overclocking