My overclocks won't stick GTX 680.

monkeymonk

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I have been using precision X to overclock my 680. I tried copying many tutorials that adjusted gpu clock, mem cloc, and power target. This would cause my computer to crash. So I tried adjusting just the power target to 132% and letting the 680 figure it out. However every time I do this and I open it up later it is back down to 100%. Do I need to set a profile? Do I need to adjust the voltage?

Side question: Does anyone know what the frame rate target is for?

Solution
G
Everytime you close PercisionX it will reset back to default. I save a profile that works after testing and then after gaming I close to save stress on my GPU.

Frame Rate Target will essentially try and cap the frame rate to whatever you set it to. The clock speeds on the card will automatically dynamically adjust based on what is needed to maintain that frame rate at any given time. So if the demand is lower, then the card will downclock because that's all that it needs to maintain that FPS, or vice versa.. boost the clocks to maintain that frame rate under a more 3D intensive scene, for example. Useful for saving power and also for older games/applications which don't demand super high frame rates.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Yes. Reinstall the drivers. Also reinstall Precision X. Make sure to set a higher fan speed also. Not sure if this could be the problem however when my GTX 285 Gets too hot EVGA Precision X sets the default clock. But like andY biersack said reinstall the drivers. (To the latest version or perhaps the second latest version as EVGA precision X may not support the latest driver but i doubt it) Hope i helped

G

Everytime you close PercisionX it will reset back to default. I save a profile that works after testing and then after gaming I close to save stress on my GPU.

Frame Rate Target will essentially try and cap the frame rate to whatever you set it to. The clock speeds on the card will automatically dynamically adjust based on what is needed to maintain that frame rate at any given time. So if the demand is lower, then the card will downclock because that's all that it needs to maintain that FPS, or vice versa.. boost the clocks to maintain that frame rate under a more 3D intensive scene, for example. Useful for saving power and also for older games/applications which don't demand super high frame rates.

Solution

monkeymonk

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009

I had a feeling it had something to do with the profile setting, I just couldn't figure out how to use it. I just figured it out though you have to right click the icon lmao. It seems to work! I will be spending more time Overclocking it tomorrow. If I have more problems I will try reinstalling everything again. Thanks so much I am so excited to finally be able to overclock my gpu! It's my first time.

andY biersack

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Hey man im still having the same problem . Do you have any tips for what to do on a 7850

G

yes.

please start your own thread so others may help you. this is a discussion on an nVidia card you have an AMD/ATI card.