Can't change a read only doc---why?

The Word 2002 program doesn't allow you to uncheck the read only box. It;s greayed-out. What can I do? :fou: :non:
8 answers Last reply
More about change read
  1. are you trying to edit a document that is read only? or is it currently being edited by another user?
  2. I'm trying to edit a word that's Read ONLY. Thanks for any advice
  3. read only means you cannot edit it. that's why its read only.
  4. but from what i've learned on a google search it can be done. What is my box grayed out? Let me put it this way---i simply want to edit some numbers on a pdf doc. I converted it to a word doc and now I'm stuck not being aBLE to access an edit. Any suggestions?
  5. are you not able to use your mouse to copy and paste the text from your document into a NEW document that you can edit?
  6. No, I know that. I wanted to know if there's an app out there that can allow me to edit a .pdf doc.
  7. peppopat said:
    No, I know that. I wanted to know if there's an app out there that can allow me to edit a .pdf doc.

Be consistent. Is a Word document (*.doc or *.docx) file that is read only or a pdf?

Where do you see read only? In the Word program itself or Windows explorer or ??

8. I see an Read Only box in Properties on the Word program itself but it's grayed out , like i was saying earlier.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Read Only Windows XP