Sign in with
Your question

Corsair H60 in 600t Case

Last response: in Overclocking
May 27, 2012 10:51:32 PM

Hello, I have recently replaced my Hyper 212+ with an H60. The H60 is currently in pull exhaust with 1 (stock) fan. Since I only have 1 200mm intake in the front, would it be more effective to have it as an intake? There are 2 120mm on top as exhaust currently.

Also, what fan would be good for the radiator with high static pressure, but also quiet? I was thinking of getting a Gentle Typhoon 1850, would 2 in push/pull be worth the extra $15?

I was also thinking of reseating the pump with a better thermal compound. Any suggestions?

My current temps are with a 2500k @ 4.2GHz, 1.26v: ~31c at boot up without doing anything yet, ~36c idle once I do something (open browser) then let sit, ~64c load with Prime 95 blend for 2 hours.

Are these temps normal? I've seen lower with the H60. Would it be because of the stock fan and weak intake in the case?

I have experienced that when my CPU starts to go under load, the H60 fan (or maybe pump) starts to hum/grind/make a loud noise for a few seconds (usually around ~48c) then go away. Do you think something is wrong with my H60?

Thanks for any help, this is my first time doing anything with water cooling, even if it a closed loop.

More about : corsair h60 600t case

a c 150 K Overclocking
May 27, 2012 10:53:30 PM

Use the 600T outtake fan as a push and the H60 fan as an intake fan.
m
l
May 27, 2012 11:00:15 PM

amuffin said:
Use the 600T outtake fan as a push and the H60 fan as an intake fan.

So you're saying to do a push/pull intake with the stock exhaust 600t fan as push and the H60 fan pull? If I were to do a push/pull config, what screws do I use to mount the 2nd fan?
m
l
Related resources
a c 150 K Overclocking
May 27, 2012 11:01:36 PM

The screws should be longer ones, essentially the way you are mounting it is like the H80 mounting.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
May 27, 2012 11:06:44 PM

there are a few options in the fans dept -

scythe are good
Swiftech have come out with their sub $10 fans as well as phobya's black edition fans.
would take a look at the swiftech's

generic case fans arent a good option with these sort of rad setups as the rads are high fpi and the fans are only meant for airflow not static pressure. Even corsair's H60 fans are 50cfm by default...and they suck :p 

rad fans are those that have static pressure and also maintain a certain rpm/cfm. for a H60 high rpm fans a re good idea.
m
l
May 27, 2012 11:07:33 PM

amuffin said:
The screws should be longer ones, essentially the way you are mounting it is like the H80 mounting.

I mean if I mount the 2nd fan, I would need 4 more of those long screws because the given 4 are being used already. So I would have to buy them myself? Or could I just use 2 screws for each fan mount?
m
l
May 27, 2012 11:13:51 PM

Lutfij said:
there are a few options in the fans dept -

scythe are good
Swiftech have come out with their sub $10 fans as well as phobya's black edition fans.
would take a look at the swiftech's

generic case fans arent a good option with these sort of rad setups as the rads are high fpi and the fans are only meant for airflow not static pressure. Even corsair's H60 fans are 50cfm by default...and they suck :p 

rad fans are those that have static pressure and also maintain a certain rpm/cfm. for a H60 high rpm fans a re good idea.

Are you referring to the Swiftech Helix 120?
http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-Helix-120mm-Fan-1800-r...
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
May 27, 2012 11:15:31 PM

the stobe said:
I mean if I mount the 2nd fan, I would need 4 more of those long screws because the given 4 are being used already. So I would have to buy them myself? Or could I just use 2 screws for each fan mount?
using only two screws per corner(alternating) will result in the fan leaking some air.

The corsair/coolit/antec rads are made by asetek/coolit and the screw threading is 6-32. as for the length of the screws, you'll need to measure them yourself and see what you get. Washers will be handy should the screws become too long and prevent you from wating away at teh fins in the rad.
m
l
!