My programs wont open

rayann

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Please help! for some reason my programs open the suddenly close. some wont even open just hang and don't go anywhere. I have Norton anti virus and that says system is fine . thanks in advance
rayann

1.Turn off the antivirus entirely and try it again.
2. Use system restore, to go back to a time before the problem started.
3. Repair XP with the XP installation disk. The instructions to repair are posted at the top of this forum. Before starting a repair, shut off the antivirus entirely.

Harsh@dell

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hi,
rayann,
This is Harish from Dell social media outreach team,
These are my suggestions

1.Restart the computer.
2. log-onto safe mode with networking,
3. To get into the Windows 2000 and XP Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.
4.Install Malwarebytes run the programme check if there is any infection.
Link:http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Regards
Dell-Harish

rayann

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Thank you for the responses. I have tried to shut the computer down and turned off anti virus. I've tried to retore and it goes through the process of shut down and all but boots back up with the message that nothing has been changed no matter how far I went back. I've tried to down load malwarebytes but the site closes as soon as I click on anything. I'm not getting it thank you all

Harsh@dell

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hi,
rayann,
This is Harish from Dell social media outreach team,
As per my knowledge your system could be infected from virus-infection, did you tried to log-into safe mode with networking.
Try to run malwarebytes from safemode screen.

Regards
Dell-Harish

rayann

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Hello Thank you for the reply. I have tried these options and no luck. I have tried to restore over and over but it tells me program failled and no changes have been made. now Internet Explorer will only work without add ons. Thanks again Ann