  • Configuration
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
September 16, 2004 2:36:54 PM

One problem I have with XP is with browsing my network places. in the name
field, instead of showing the computer name, XP displays the computer
description and then the computer name in parenthesis. e.g. "Dave's computer
(corppc01)". I would like to go back to the old method of displaying
computer names, where the computer's name is the only thing in the name
field and the description is in the description field.

I have tried TweakUI, but cannot accomplish this. Does anyone know how I can
do this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan DeStefano

More about : classic network browsing

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 3:57:12 PM

This is by design.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=824386
Computer description appears before the computer name in the My Network
Places Browse list
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 4:17:12 PM

Nah, only remove srvcomments or downgrade to W2k.