As the title states, I am having serious issues installing this card. I am by no means a computer expert so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I can't figure out why this card won't work.
My current setup:
Mobo: ECS P4M890T-M (V1.0)
Chip: Intel Celeron D 2.80 mhz
Ram: 1.5 ghz ddr2
Previous video card: ATI Firegl v5100 PCI-e
I uninstalled my old ATI v5100 card and drivers from add/remove programs, and rebooted on my onboard video to install drivers. When I tried to install the nVidia drivers, it failed, giving me "no drivers for current hardware" prompt. I tried the latest drivers, older drivers, and REALLY old drivers. Also, the system goes into continuous reboot when I install the card. I don't understand why none of this is working, considering I do have a 2.0 PCI Express x16 port.
Is there some step I am missing? (bios settings, registry cleaning?) Could the card be bad? Is some part of my setup incompatible?
Full MOBO Speficifations:
EliteGroup P4M890T-M (V1.0) - motherboard - micro ATX - P4M890 specifications
• Product type (AE) Motherboard
• Form factor Micro ATX
• Width 9.6 in
• Depth 8.3 in
• Compatible Processors Celeron D , Core 2 Duo , Pentium 4 , Pentium D
• 64-bit Processor Compatibility Yes
• Mainboard processor socket LGA775 Socket
• Mainboard / Multi-Core Support Dual-Core
• Chipset Type VIA P4M890 / VIA VT8237R Plus
• Data bus speed 1066.0 MHz
• BIOS type AMI
• Storage key information Serial ATA-150 (RAID)
• Power connectors 24-pin main power connector , 4-pin ATX12V connector
• Installed Qty (Max Supported) 0.0 ( 1.0 )
• Cache Memory Type None
• Supported RAM Technology DDR2 SDRAM
• RAM Installed ( Max ) 0.0 MB / 4.0 GB (max)
• Supported RAM Speed PC2-4300
• Graphics Controller VIA UniChrome Pro
• Video Memory Shared video memory (UMA)
• Audio Output Sound card
• Audio codec Realtek ALC655
• Sound Output Mode 5.1 channel surround
• Audio output compliant standards AC '97
• Telecom / Networking
• Modem None
• Networking Network adapter - VIA Tahoe VT6103L - Ethernet , - Fast Ethernet
• BIOS Features Hyper-Threading Technology , APM 1.2 support , Multi Boot , ACPI 1.0 support , DMI support
• Expansion / Connectivity
• Expansion Slots Total (Free) 1.0 Shared PCI / CNR - LGA775 Socket , 1.0 PCI - DIMM 240-pin , 1.0 Memory , 1.0 Processor , 2.0 PCI Express x16
• Storage Interfaces ATA-133 - connector(s): 2 x 7pin Serial ATA - 2.0 device(s) - RAID 0 / RAID 1 , Serial ATA-150 - connector(s): 2 x 40pin IDC - 4.0 device(s)
• Interfaces 4.0 x Audio - VGA - Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm , 1.0 x Microphone - Line-in - 25 pin D-Sub (DB-25) , 1.0 x Hi-Speed USB - Floppy interface - RJ-45 , 1.0 x Display / video - Line-out - Mini-phone 3.5 mm , 1.0 x Parallel - Generic - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) , 1.0 x Network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm , 1.0 x Audio - Generic - 4 pin MPC , 1.0 x Keyboard - RS-232 - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style) , 1.0 x Serial - IEEE 1284 (EPP/ECP) - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) , 2.0 x Storage - Input - 4 pin USB Type A , 1.0 x Audio - Line-in - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style) , 1.0 x Mouse - 34 pin IDC
• Additional connectors (optional) 4 x Hi-Speed USB
have that motherboard, and it won't won't work with nvidia cards period. have tried evga 8600gt and pny 8800gt. visiontek hd4850 and sapphire x1600 pro work with no problem though. its bad for streaming audio also (last fm/pandora). hope this helps.
I'm pretty sure its an Antec BP-550 PLUS 550W Basiq ATX
That is interesting that you said yours doesn't like Nvidia cards. I have only had an ATI PCIe x16 card in it (which worked fine) so perhaps mine is doing the same thing. What is a comparable ATI card that I could buy to try out?
I know that the graphics card is functional, because I tested it on a friends machine.