HElp New system all new parts wont turn on

g33k1n

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Ok kinda new to building systems built one in the past and turned right on never had any problems, other then old and dated..

I just built a new one all new parts. I got case, PSU, Motherbaord, Ram, and CPU, in a combo deal all compatiable with each other..Picked up GFX card, and Hard drive, and figured good to go, Never use floppy so didnt even get one already had a DVD/RW/Rom Drive is what I use instead of floppy...would it not turn on if no floppy connected?

Well I got it all hooked up double and tripple checked all connections, went to turn it on and nothing happend..ohh ( and not sure why but motherboard doesn't seem to have any lights on it, or just haven't gotten it to light up). So I figured it had to be bad Motherboard sent it back and got a new one same board free replacment sent to me hooked it up ect ect, went to turn it on and nothing happend again. So figured it has to be PSU, maybe not enough wattage w/e. So bought a new good one OCZ ModXStream 600 watt PSU.. Just hooked it up( alot cleaner wiring is nice PSU) and again no Fans nothing happends. I'm litterally going crazy. Having this Decently nice PC next to me and can't even get it to turn on, been working on it for months now in ordering and reordering parts. SO I need help here is specs,

RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WRP Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply (Switched PSU out for one the ModXStream 600Watt PSU 4/8 pin MB is compatible with both using 8 pin atm)

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX240OCK23GQ

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ

XFX PVT94GZAH2 GeForce 9400 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 SLI Support Video Card

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3320418AS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

Please help im going crazy!!!

g33k1n

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Ok went through the checklist alot of stuff I have already tryed...But pulled everything out of case and tryed to get the beeps with just CPU HSF and had it hooked up to monitor no sound but monitor would flicker same thing with both PSU... could they both be bad?

g33k1n

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Well its Deffinatly not the PSU, because just put in moms comp and is working, Which really sucks means CPU or Motherboard and as I have already sent back this motherboard once, means CPU right?