Sign in with
Your question

How's RevoDrive 3 X2 ?

Last response: in Storage
November 11, 2011 1:52:43 PM

Hello, i need to buy an excellent high speed SSD 240 GB (with no BSOD, OR any problems) I kept googling about SSD's and end up to find RevoDrive 3 X2 is the best for me, However i have Gigabyte EX58 Extreme motherboard in my case, So my questions:

1-Is this SSD will fully work 100% on my motherboard since its PCI-Express based?
2- Is this really the best SSD for me? Or it may cause problem for me? because i really don't want to lose any data
3- I saw 2 types of this card on amazon store, one 8 GB-s Slim and one 4 GB-s Slim, The 8 GB-s one is way cheaper, Whats the different between them and which one is better?

Thank you.

More about : revodrive

a b V Motherboard
a c 290 G Storage
November 11, 2011 2:18:16 PM

First, what do you do with your pc that requires a PCI-e based ssd like the OCZ RevoDrive 3 x 2?
m
l
November 11, 2011 2:37:34 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
First, what do you do with your pc that requires a PCI-e based ssd like the OCZ RevoDrive 3 x 2?

I don't have SATA3 port in my motherboard, only SATA2, Here is my motherboard informations:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
and to buy a new mother board it will cost me 120-150$, and since SSD PCI-e supported exist, i though i can save my money for a better SSD and works on my current motherboard.
I like to play games, working on photoshop and video editing, also converting videos.
m
l
!