Want to change motherboard, plz help!!!!

megagabobe1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
hi guys, i have a compaq presario sg3515la and i was wandering if i could change the motherboard so i could be able to put quad core processors in it.

the motherboars is MSI MS-7525

thx, any comment would be appreaciated!!!

megagabobe1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

hi, the question was if i could change the motherboard on a compaq presario computer, i have doubts because its a factory made pc. so, can i change the motherboard??

thx for answering, oh and i want intel

megagabobe1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

hi, the question was if i could change the motherboard on a compaq presario computer, i have doubts because its a factory made pc. so, can i change the motherboard??

thx for answering, oh and i want intel

richdrizzy

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
even though its factory made, its still computer parts that were pre-built by a company as opposed to joe smoe building his own, so things can be replaced mixed and matched as long as they're all compatible

since you would need a new mobo, the other parts from your "compaq" may no longer be compatible with this new mobo/processor combo

megagabobe1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

i already changed the power supply, the processor, to a core 2 duo, that was the best processor i could put on it, but now i want a quad core, added 2 gigs of RAM, now it has 4, but i want more better RAM, and i have a gtx 470 right now, so....

the mobo it has right now is UATX, so if i find another UATX mobo, can i put it in the case with no problem?? i need help finding a suitable mobo, so plz help!!!
i will get better RAM too