Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Want to change motherboard, plz help!!!!

Last response: in Motherboards
June 22, 2010 1:40:48 AM

hi guys, i have a compaq presario sg3515la and i was wandering if i could change the motherboard so i could be able to put quad core processors in it.

the motherboars is MSI MS-7525

thx, any comment would be appreaciated!!!

More about : change motherboard plz

June 22, 2010 3:57:43 AM

yes, you would need to change you motherboard in order to run a quad core

intel or amd?
m
l
June 22, 2010 4:01:52 AM

richdrizzy said:

intel or amd?

hi, the question was if i could change the motherboard on a compaq presario computer, i have doubts because its a factory made pc. so, can i change the motherboard??

thx for answering, oh and i want intel
m
l
Related resources
June 22, 2010 4:02:29 AM

richdrizzy said:

intel or amd?

hi, the question was if i could change the motherboard on a compaq presario computer, i have doubts because its a factory made pc. so, can i change the motherboard??

thx for answering, oh and i want intel
m
l
June 22, 2010 4:23:31 AM

even though its factory made, its still computer parts that were pre-built by a company as opposed to joe smoe building his own, so things can be replaced mixed and matched as long as they're all compatible

since you would need a new mobo, the other parts from your "compaq" may no longer be compatible with this new mobo/processor combo
m
l
June 22, 2010 4:59:45 AM

richdrizzy said:
even though its factory made, its still computer parts that were pre-built by a company as opposed to joe smoe building his own, so things can be replaced mixed and matched as long as they're all compatible

since you would need a new mobo, the other parts from your "compaq" may no longer be compatible with this new mobo/processor combo

i already changed the power supply, the processor, to a core 2 duo, that was the best processor i could put on it, but now i want a quad core, added 2 gigs of RAM, now it has 4, but i want more better RAM, and i have a gtx 470 right now, so....

the mobo it has right now is UATX, so if i find another UATX mobo, can i put it in the case with no problem?? i need help finding a suitable mobo, so plz help!!!
i will get better RAM too
m
l
June 22, 2010 2:22:20 PM

uatx is also known as microatx, yes it would fit if you were to choose another microatx board
m
l
June 22, 2010 2:32:25 PM

richdrizzy said:
uatx is also known as microatx, yes it would fit if you were to choose another microatx board

thx man!!! so i can put any micro atx mobo in my case???
m
l

Best solution

June 22, 2010 4:48:44 PM

yep, if it your current one fits, than a new one of the same type should fit into that case
June 22, 2010 5:04:29 PM

Best answer selected by megagabobe1.
m
l
!