Motherboard and CPU compatibility question

djlazlow

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
OK so I have a Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C LGA 775 mobo and tried to pair it up with a E7500 Core2Duo. According to the mobo's CPU support list (http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2668&ver=#anchor_os) the processor is supported after BIOS revision F6a. Does that mean that mobo won't post if I don't have that BIOS revision? And if so, how am I supposed to update the BIOS if I can't get the system to boot? Do I have to install a processor that is supported by the current BIOS, update it, and then install the new processor? Help :eek:

richdrizzy

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
you could put the bios file on "jump drive / usb flash drive" and flash it off of there, i know my MOBO had this option in its BIOS setup.. i think the cpu will still run but at lower speeds

G

Wow this is so weird, I'm having exactly the same problem with this exact same motherboard and processor combination. In my case I just today got a E7500 to upgrade this motherboard from a 1.6 GHz Celeron. After it wouldn't boot up, I searched online, and I saw that it needed the F6A BIOS, so I put the old processor back in, flashed the BIOS, put the E7500 back in, and it's still not working, just a black screen. I'd love to find an answer to this as well, I just googled looking for more answers and came across this post.

TRENDING THREADS