Nude patch?

Last response: in Video Games
January 4, 2005 7:51:21 PM

He, he, he...
Anyone out there who knows if there are any nude patches available for TS2?

More about : nude patch

January 4, 2005 7:51:22 PM

you can download one from www.modthesims2.com
there is another way to do it manually
but you did request a patch :)

--
- D

"Stig Strandberg" <stig.strandberg@privat.utfors.se> wrote in message
> He, he, he...
> Anyone out there who knows if there are any nude patches available for
> TS2?

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 7:51:23 PM

D wrote:
> you can download one from www.modthesims2.com
> there is another way to do it manually
> but you did request a patch :)

Please tell me how to do it manually?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 4, 2005 9:27:01 PM

open notepad
type

intprop censorgridsize 0

(or just cut and paste)

go to file>save as
save as:

userStartup.cheat

Save in My Documents/Ea Games/Sims 2/Config

:)
--
- D

"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
>D wrote:
>> you can download one from www.modthesims2.com
>> there is another way to do it manually
>> but you did request a patch :)
>>

> Please tell me how to do it manually?
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 9:27:02 PM

D wrote:
> open notepad
> type
>
> intprop censorgridsize 0
>
> (or just cut and paste)
>
> go to file>save as
> save as:
>
> userStartup.cheat
>
> Save in My Documents/Ea Games/Sims 2/Config
>
> :)

Thanks so much!
January 5, 2005 9:00:04 AM

tis alright Mama!

hehe

--

>D wrote:
>> open notepad
>> type
>>
>> intprop censorgridsize 0
>>
>> (or just cut and paste)
>>
>> go to file>save as
>> save as:
>>
>> userStartup.cheat
>>
>> Save in My Documents/Ea Games/Sims 2/Config
>>
>> :)
>
> Thanks so much!
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 12:06:04 AM

I have that cheat in that folder you mentioned, but I notice the blur is
still there. What can I do?

Thanks........B
January 6, 2005 7:45:08 AM

It works on my machine..
and trust me my computer is nothing but temperamental

The notepad file must be saved with the extension .cheat
it must not read userStartup.txt.cheat
go check that first
Also the exact text command must be type

I have

intprop censorgridsize 0
intprop maxNumOfVisitingSims 8

And the path must be correct
For example... C:\Dee's Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config
But that's my set up...where my C drive is not my system drive, but my
storage drive
the cheat file should be by itself, with no subfolders...because that's not
how I have it my game
others might, but I don't know
all I know is that it works how I have it.

I'm off now to check that Face Blend limit cheat...because my genetic
children are looking weird..
Anyways I really hope that helps

ps. You can also turn off in Folder Options "hide extension of known files"
so you can temporarily look at the full name of the cheat file you are
trying to make (remember it must be a CHEAT file! not a txt file!)
you can add as many cheats as you want this way too and they will be
Universal.

--
- D

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>I have that cheat in that folder you mentioned, but I notice the blur is
>still there. What can I do?
>
> Thanks........B

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:49:33 PM

"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:o n3Dd.106008$K7.26867@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> It works on my machine..
> and trust me my computer is nothing but temperamental
>
> The notepad file must be saved with the extension .cheat
> it must not read userStartup.txt.cheat
> go check that first
> Also the exact text command must be type
>
> I have
>
> intprop censorgridsize 0
> intprop maxNumOfVisitingSims 8
>
> And the path must be correct
> For example... C:\Dee's Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config
> But that's my set up...where my C drive is not my system drive, but my
> storage drive
> the cheat file should be by itself, with no subfolders...because
> that's not how I have it my game
> others might, but I don't know
> all I know is that it works how I have it.
>
> I'm off now to check that Face Blend limit cheat...because my genetic
> children are looking weird..
> Anyways I really hope that helps
>
> ps. You can also turn off in Folder Options "hide extension of known
> files"
> so you can temporarily look at the full name of the cheat file you are
> trying to make (remember it must be a CHEAT file! not a txt file!)
> you can add as many cheats as you want this way too and they will be
> Universal.
>

> --
> - D

Thanks D for this info. I did it just like you said, will try it out. I
had downloaded the
blur cheat from Snooty Sims's site and it doesn't work.

What do you call the other cheat or how do you name it and save it for
having more than 4 visitors for parties?

thanks again.......B
January 7, 2005 7:58:35 AM

Uninstall the blur patch
and try again
you shouldn't have conflicting hacks and mods on your computer

I personally think the patch isn't that great
because I don't like have modified .EXES especially in Maxis games
usually because they patch them up soon after

you do have the official patch installed right?

Oh yeah I have cheat intprop maxNumOfVisitingSims 8
you just type that up manually like I told you
open notepad, type in the cheat, save in My Documents\Ea Games\The Sims
2\Config and save as "userStartup.cheat"
that cheat lets me invite up to 8 ppl to a party (you can have any number,
however your video card might groan and complain about the extra rendering
it will have to do so you are warned!)
Although I thought the cheat also upped the number of people on community
lots..
I am noticing more people...
I don't know most of my Sims go to the grocery store around 3am
lol

Anyways I hope it works out for you
and I think the visiting Sims cheat ...as well as the face blend limits
cheat and the censorgridspace cheat...they are just slight modifications to
the game
its like tweaking really...the game's default is 4...and it does this for a
reason, a lot of people's video cards can't handle more
although mine can....just barely!
:)
January 8, 2005 6:16:08 PM

> Uninstall the blur patch
> and try again
> you shouldn't have conflicting hacks and mods on your computer
>
> I personally think the patch isn't that great
> because I don't like have modified .EXES especially in Maxis games
> usually because they patch them up soon after
>
> you do have the official patch installed right?
>
> Oh yeah I have cheat intprop maxNumOfVisitingSims 8
> you just type that up manually like I told you
> open notepad, type in the cheat, save in My Documents\Ea Games\The
> Sims 2\Config and save as "userStartup.cheat"
> that cheat lets me invite up to 8 ppl to a party (you can have any
> number, however your video card might groan and complain about the
> extra rendering it will have to do so you are warned!)
> Although I thought the cheat also upped the number of people on
> community lots..
> I am noticing more people...
> I don't know most of my Sims go to the grocery store around 3am
> lol
>
> Anyways I hope it works out for you
> and I think the visiting Sims cheat ...as well as the face blend
> limits cheat and the censorgridspace cheat...they are just slight
> modifications to the game
> its like tweaking really...the game's default is 4...and it does this
> for a reason, a lot of people's video cards can't handle more
> although mine can....just barely!
> :)

I do have the maxis official patch installed and I never got that blur
patch. I did uninstall the
blur patch from snooty sims and installed the one you have. I typed up
the cheat for having
more people to invite but if I use userStartup.cheat for that one, it
wants to override the other userStartup.cheat.
How do I name the cheat...............could I name it
userInviteMore.cheat for example?? How did
you name all your cheats? They can't be all named the same can they?

......B
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 10:29:39 PM

> "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Uninstall the blur patch
> > and try again
> > you shouldn't have conflicting hacks and mods on your computer
> >
> > I personally think the patch isn't that great
> > because I don't like have modified .EXES especially in Maxis games
> > usually because they patch them up soon after
> >
> > you do have the official patch installed right?
> >
> > Oh yeah I have cheat intprop maxNumOfVisitingSims 8
> > you just type that up manually like I told you
> > open notepad, type in the cheat, save in My Documents\Ea Games\The
> > Sims 2\Config and save as "userStartup.cheat"
> > that cheat lets me invite up to 8 ppl to a party (you can have any
> > number, however your video card might groan and complain about the
> > extra rendering it will have to do so you are warned!)
> > Although I thought the cheat also upped the number of people on
> > community lots..
> > I am noticing more people...
> > I don't know most of my Sims go to the grocery store around 3am
> > lol
> >
> > Anyways I hope it works out for you
> > and I think the visiting Sims cheat ...as well as the face blend
> > limits cheat and the censorgridspace cheat...they are just slight
> > modifications to the game
> > its like tweaking really...the game's default is 4...and it does this
> > for a reason, a lot of people's video cards can't handle more
> > although mine can....just barely!
> > :)
> > --
> >

> I do have the maxis official patch installed and I never got that blur
> patch. I did uninstall the
> blur patch from snooty sims and installed the one you have. I typed up
> the cheat for having
> more people to invite but if I use userStartup.cheat for that one, it
> wants to override the other userStartup.cheat.
> How do I name the cheat...............could I name it
> userInviteMore.cheat for example?? How did
> you name all your cheats? They can't be all named the same can they?
>
> .....B

just add the second cheat to the same userStartup.cheat file--you don't need
a separate file for each cheat ;-)
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 11:54:03 PM

"hey lucy!" <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote in message

> just add the second cheat to the same userStartup.cheat file--you
> don't need
> a separate file for each cheat ;-)

Thank you. This is what I've done...... I'm using one notepad with both
cheats in it. Is this correct?
As I find other cheats like this, I will add them also.....hope this is
correct.

thanks........B
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 1:29:24 AM

> "hey lucy!" <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote in message
> >

> > just add the second cheat to the same userStartup.cheat file--you
> > don't need
> > a separate file for each cheat ;-)
> >

> Thank you. This is what I've done...... I'm using one notepad with both
> cheats in it. Is this correct?
> As I find other cheats like this, I will add them also.....hope this is
> correct.
>
> thanks........B

That's correct, and you're welcome :-)

Happy Simming!
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 2:27:45 PM

Well, I don't know what's wrong, but neither of those cheats work for
me. I still see the blur
& can still only invite up to 4 people to a party.
Any help appreciated as I can't figure it out.

......B

"hey lucy!" <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote in message
news:D 5KdnTD1rrt8OX3cRVn-rg@rcn.net...

> "Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "hey lucy!" <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > just add the second cheat to the same userStartup.cheat file--you
>> > don't need
>> > a separate file for each cheat ;-)
>> >

>> Thank you. This is what I've done...... I'm using one notepad with
>> both
>> cheats in it. Is this correct?
>> As I find other cheats like this, I will add them also.....hope this
>> is
>> correct.
>>
>> thanks........B
>>

> That's correct, and you're welcome :-)
>
> Happy Simming!

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 9:35:43 PM

> Well, I don't know what's wrong, but neither of those cheats work for
> me. I still see the blur
> & can still only invite up to 4 people to a party.
> Any help appreciated as I can't figure it out.
>
> .....B

<snipped>

Do you get the binary group? I'll post a cheat file for you there.

If I remember correctly, the nude cheat doesn't work for some people. In
that case, try adding this line to the userStartup.cheat file:

boolprop censorusegrid true

I'll ping you in binaries with the .cheat file.

~Lucy
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:27:03 PM

"hey lucy!" wrote
> "Jay&B" wrote
>> Well, I don't know what's wrong, but neither of those cheats work for
>> me. I still see the blur
>> & can still only invite up to 4 people to a party.
>> Any help appreciated as I can't figure it out.
>>
>> .....B
>>
> <snipped>
>
> Do you get the binary group? I'll post a cheat file for you there.
>
> If I remember correctly, the nude cheat doesn't work for some people. In
> that case, try adding this line to the userStartup.cheat file:
>
> boolprop censorusegrid true
>
> I'll ping you in binaries with the .cheat file.
>
> ~Lucy

Added your extra line.
Checked the file name and the path
Still got a blur ;o(

Can't get the binary group ;o(

Any more clues/suggestions?
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:11:08 PM

Maybe you have a different extension on the cheat file? Windows XP by
default hides the extensions of known file types. If you created a text
file and then tried to rename it you can run into this problem. To fix
this:

Open My Computer
Choose Tools > Folder Options
Click the View Tab
Under Files and Folders there will be a check box next to "Hide extensions
for known file types"
Uncheck this box
Click Ok
Go to your .cheat file and edit the filename so it is userStartup.cheat

Richard

"caroline" <nospamplease@thank.you> wrote in message
> "hey lucy!" wrote
>> "Jay&B" wrote
>>> Well, I don't know what's wrong, but neither of those cheats work for
>>> me. I still see the blur
>>> & can still only invite up to 4 people to a party.
>>> Any help appreciated as I can't figure it out.
>>>
>>> .....B
>>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>> Do you get the binary group? I'll post a cheat file for you there.
>>
>> If I remember correctly, the nude cheat doesn't work for some people.
>> In
>> that case, try adding this line to the userStartup.cheat file:
>>
>> boolprop censorusegrid true
>>
>> I'll ping you in binaries with the .cheat file.
>>
>> ~Lucy
>
> Added your extra line.
> Checked the file name and the path
> Still got a blur ;o(
>
> Can't get the binary group ;o(
>
> Any more clues/suggestions?

January 26, 2005 4:06:36 PM

"caroline" <nospamplease@thank.you> wrote in message
> "hey lucy!" wrote
> > "Jay&B" wrote
> >> Well, I don't know what's wrong, but neither of those cheats work for
> >> me. I still see the blur
> >> & can still only invite up to 4 people to a party.
> >> Any help appreciated as I can't figure it out.
> >>
> >> .....B
> >>
> > <snipped>
> >
> > Do you get the binary group? I'll post a cheat file for you there.
> >
> > If I remember correctly, the nude cheat doesn't work for some people.
In
> > that case, try adding this line to the userStartup.cheat file:
> >
> > boolprop censorusegrid true
> >
> > I'll ping you in binaries with the .cheat file.
> >
> > ~Lucy
>
> Added your extra line.
> Checked the file name and the path
> Still got a blur ;o(
>
> Can't get the binary group ;o(
>
> Any more clues/suggestions?

If you have SimPe installed, you can use it to turn the blur off.

First, backup your userStartup.cheat file located in "...\My Documents\EA
Games\The Sims 2\Config\".

Then, start SimPe. Click on the menu item named Extras and choose Options.
In the window that opens, uncheck the box next to Blur Nudity. Click OK and
exit SimPe.

Now start your game. The blur should be gone.

Hope that helps,
Lucy
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 2:13:15 PM

no blur for me with
intprop censorgridsize 0
in the userStartup.cheat file

"caroline" <nospamplease@thank.you> a écrit dans le message de
> "hey lucy!" wrote
> > "Jay&B" wrote
> >> Well, I don't know what's wrong, but neither of those cheats work for
> >> me. I still see the blur
> >> & can still only invite up to 4 people to a party.
> >> Any help appreciated as I can't figure it out.
> >>
> >> .....B
> >>
> > <snipped>
> >
> > Do you get the binary group? I'll post a cheat file for you there.
> >
> > If I remember correctly, the nude cheat doesn't work for some people.
In
> > that case, try adding this line to the userStartup.cheat file:
> >
> > boolprop censorusegrid true
> >
> > I'll ping you in binaries with the .cheat file.
> >
> > ~Lucy
>
> Added your extra line.
> Checked the file name and the path
> Still got a blur ;o(
>
> Can't get the binary group ;o(
>
> Any more clues/suggestions?

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:18:56 PM

"Richard Forester" wrote
> Maybe you have a different extension on the cheat file? Windows XP by
> default hides the extensions of known file types. If you created a text
> file and then tried to rename it you can run into this problem. To fix
> this:
>
> Open My Computer
> Choose Tools > Folder Options
> Click the View Tab
> Under Files and Folders there will be a check box next to "Hide extensions
> for known file types"
> Uncheck this box
> Click Ok
> Go to your .cheat file and edit the filename so it is userStartup.cheat
>
> Richard

Thank you Richard! This did the trick

Yes, although XP was telling me it was correctly named as userStartup.cheat
it had indeed added .txt on the end.

Now my Sims are in all their glory ;o)
!