Sign in with
Your question

My h60 water cooling system is messed up

Last response: in Overclocking
May 29, 2012 5:39:04 PM

hi guys

I finally get my corsair h60 pump to work, connected it straight to the psu, it marks arounbd 25ºC idle, but all of the sudden, it starts increasin to 90º, where the pc eventually shuts down. I dunno why is this happening, the h60 seems to work just when it wants :(  what do you think thi is for???
a b K Overclocking
May 29, 2012 5:50:12 PM

sounds like the pump is going eventually it will stop completely and no longer turn on, get a new pump the mpc 655 is a good one.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
May 29, 2012 6:24:48 PM

D5 pump isn't going to be a very good solution for someone running an H60.

Sound like either an issue with the pump or an airlock. How is your radiator oriented and where? Can you dismount it and rotate it while the pump is on? This would help dislodge air bubbles that might be causing your cooling issue.

Does it idle long-term at 25C, or does it go up steadily after 5-10 mins of idling?
m
l
Related resources
May 29, 2012 7:35:21 PM

rubix_1011 said:
D5 pump isn't going to be a very good solution for someone running an H60.

Sound like either an issue with the pump or an airlock. How is your radiator oriented and where? Can you dismount it and rotate it while the pump is on? This would help dislodge air bubbles that might be causing your cooling issue.

Does it idle long-term at 25C, or does it go up steadily after 5-10 mins of idling?

well, when it decides to work, it runs @ 25-35º idle for hours.....then, when the pump seems to stop working, it goes up to 99º in a matter of seconds. IU already tried that, unscrewed the radiator, it was located at the top of my case, the water tubes were vertical, I also thought that would be, changed the orientations, buuut, no change, big surprise...... :(  I cannot RMA it because I'm not in a warranty covered location, according to the warranty service :cry:  gotta solve it, or lose my money :fou:  obviously the pump works, but just when it wants to.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
May 29, 2012 7:58:59 PM

well if it is a air lock that would mean that there was too much air in the system you would half to break the system some ware and add coolant to the system and reseal or connect the tubing for the system.
for this alone I would consider a fill/ flush system added to the hose, I like the two hoes setups for this it is easier for the next time when you will need to add more to the system or flush the coolant for new.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
May 29, 2012 8:39:05 PM

Quote:

Have you tried getting the airlock dislodged?
m
l
!