Shipping issue for i5-750 PC components

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Dear Friends,

I am planning to place an order in a week or so for the following components from the popular US portals:

1) Intel Core i5-750 Processor
2) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P or Gigabyte P55A-UD6 Motherboard (yet to decide, Foxconn sockets spoiled my plans!)
3) DDR3-1333 MHz Dual Channel - 4 GB RAM (yet to decide the make to best fit the low voltage)
4) SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 (most probably this one, didn't freeze yet)
5) Thermalright 120 Cooler (don't know which 120 model to choose - MUX or Ultra or Extreme!)
6) PSU: Corsair (don't know which make to choose & what wattage: 650 or 750 or some even said 1000W!)
7) Windows 7 Professional x64 System Builder OEM (but am not a re-seller)
*8) 24" LCD Monitor (don't know which make to choose, some say Samsung & Dell. And weight is a cost factor)

*As of today, I've decided to import those components but I might add one or two more like LCD Monitor, PC Case etc (awaiting for the local prices to compare the costs post shipping and customs...).

Quantity: First import 1 set and test thoroughly (OC upto 4 GB but for testing only), after 1-2 weeks order 20 more sets)

Here is the actual problem, I got these replies from the top two portals:

=> Newegg.com: we do not currently ship internationally, deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico.
=> TigerDirect.com: We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to some customs and vendor restrictions, we do not ship products to your country.

After reading those messages I end up with a kind of sour taste :( Please suggest apart from ebay.com who else ship to international locations with best prices. Also, please give your opinion on the components above.

Your help would be invaluable and thank you very much.

~akula2

Solution
I don't know on the shipping, but a couple of comments on the build. I do know that a lot of the international shipping isn't due to the companies, but rather to import/export laws of the US and elsewhere.

RAM: I usually recommend the G.Skill Ripjaws 1333 mhz with CL 7 (about $100 US). These are fast, reliable sticks, and fairly cheaply priced.

PSU: Whoever told you the 1000W was on crack. You will never need a 1000W unit, unless running 2 or 3 fully build motherboards (separate RAM, HDD, CPU and GPUs). You should get 550W if not including the option to Crossfire later, or 650W if you are including this option.
I don't know on the shipping, but a couple of comments on the build. I do know that a lot of the international shipping isn't due to the companies, but rather to import/export laws of the US and elsewhere.

RAM: I usually recommend the G.Skill Ripjaws 1333 mhz with CL 7 (about $100 US). These are fast, reliable sticks, and fairly cheaply priced.

PSU: Whoever told you the 1000W was on crack. You will never need a 1000W unit, unless running 2 or 3 fully build motherboards (separate RAM, HDD, CPU and GPUs). You should get 550W if not including the option to Crossfire later, or 650W if you are including this option.

Solution

sheath

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
IMO i would get this ram, its almost brand new, just a few weeks old i believe. Its the new Eco friendly series, same quality and specs as other equal ram but much lower voltage.

RAM: (G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-4GBECO) $97.99

Capacity 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Speed DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
Cas Latency 7
Timing 7-7-7-21-2N
Voltage 1.35V
Multi-channel Kit Dual Channel Kit
Heat Spreader Yes

Fits exactly what ya want, now to just find it outside Newegg.

tecmo34

Administrator
Here is a good list you can look at for your parts... Provided from Proximon's My big list V2

Online retailers by country

USA
Newegg USA
Circuit City Nice return policy. Good place to order a monitor if you need to get one online.
buy.com
Amazon
Tigerdirect
ZipZoomfly
Provantage
ewiz AKA SuperBiiz
Frozen CPU great for cooling supplies of all kinds and case mods.

Canada
NCIX
Direct Canada
Newegg Canada

UK
Microdirect
Aria PC?
Overclockers UK
Misco I need feedback on them... they look good.
Pixmania Just a gadget store but they have some good memory at good prices, and other stuff.
ebuyer
Dabs
http://www.scan.co.uk/

Europe
PC Look (France, has English version) Well organized, have some very high quality parts.
Komplett
Hardware versand

Australia
MSY
Techbuy good selection?
PC Superstore
PC Case Gear
Mwave Australia
Umart
Scorpion Technology
IT Estate

International
Conrad International

cory1234

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009

Yes :) Amazon International Shipping says the following items can be shipped to almost all destinations outside the U.S.:

* books
* DVDs
* music
* VHS videos

Additionally, some consumer electronics, health and personal care, home and garden, jewelry, pet supplies, shoes, software, sporting goods, tools, video games, and watches can be shipped. Now am going to write to them in detail and wait for their response.

Later I could think about $ difference: Newegg vs TigerDirect vs Amazon vs others. Is my approach correct?

Thanks,

~akula2

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009

Almost decided on Sapphire 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5, PCs would NOT be Over clocked but would surely rely on Intel's Turbo Boost (3.2 GHz). Crossfire later means using this type of card? If yes, should I safely settle for a Corsair 750W PSU?

Thanks,

~akula2

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009

Thank you, will go for it. Do you recommend Thermalright 120 MUX for CPU cooling? Lastly, is Corsair 800 cabinet comes with good space and build?

~akula2

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009

I've ordered these components to build the first workstation by this month end. Testing time is solid 2 weeks:

1) Intel Core i7 860 Processor
2) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P
3) DDR3-1666 MHz Dual Channel - 8 GB RAM (two makers; Corsair and G.Skill)
4) SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
5) PSU: Corsair 650W TX
6) Thermalright 120 MUX Cooler
7) Arctic Thermal Paste (if not supplied with Processor)
8) Avermedia USB TV Tuner Card (only one machine)

Local Purchases:

1) Windows 7 Professional x64 Retail Full (only this one is cheaper in my country compared to the US!!)
2) Asus 24" LCD Monitor with Webcam (only one machine).
3) Case (yet to decide on this)
4) Creative Inspire 7.1 System (only one machine)
5) Optical DVD Multi drive
6) FDD
7) APC 1000VA UPS with 30 min plus backup time (only one machine).
8) Others like Smart card reader etc.