I accidentally deleted 2 partitions of my PC.

TWINKEY

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
Hello,I accidentally deleted 2 partitions of my PC.
used space is about 100 GB ,it's really very important data I wanna restore . I tried test disk
couldn't see those deleted partitions . and I tried easus and active@recover partition they demanded an external hd to restore the lost drives but i don't have an eternal one. how can i restore those partitions without needing an extra drive , as you can see i have only system drive only 50gb .my whole hdd is primary even those 2 partitions. what can I do ??
pls help.
thanks in advance

I accidentally erased the partition (and almost reformatted!) from my wife's data drive. Thankfully, being the 2nd drive I just installed Windows on the correct drive and then recovered the 2nd drive with easus (which was a quite painless experience I might add). So remove your HDD, take it to a friend's house and add your drive as the 2nd drive in their system (this is generally done externally through a USB adapter, but you can plug internally if you must), and then run easeus and watch it solve all your problems.

Otherwise try loading the programs onto a bartPE or linux disc and see if that works (wont be easy mind you, if it is possible at all)

Lastly, dont mess with partitions. It gets messy real quick, and can actually hurt the performance of your drive if it is set improperly (like forcing data towards the center of the drive when there is blank space in the first partition). Most of the time you are better off either using folders (that's what my documents is for), or adding extra drives.

2 other things of note;
1) if you are only at 50GB then be aware that you will need a new HDD soon. It is rare to see a drive that gets regular use last over 8 years, and you should replace it (or at least have it backed up) at 5 years, which is when drives traditionally start to die.
2) Your whole drive is not primary. Your boot partition is Primary, and the other 2 will be something else (most likely logical). This is an important distinction that you need to know when searching for lost volumes and partitions.

on 2nd thought, I lied. I use some other software to recover the drive, but easeus is good too, and should do the trick.

And dont send it to a data recovery place. It is very expensive (we are talking several hundred, if not a few thousand dollars). Sure it may be required if nothing else works, but try it yourself first, and then send it in if you cant figure it out. So long as you do not format, or rewrite the drive then they can recover it very easily (and so should you). Especially if you just deleted the partition. The data is still in tact, the partition just needs to be made so that Windows knows there is a volume there, and knows what is in that volume.

TWINKEY

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011

TWINKEY

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011

the truth is that the entire hard drive was typed in primary ,that was the problem that couldn't make as i think test disk couldn't see my deleted partitions, so i tried to convert the two partitions to logical by easeus partition master .but it warned to make errors and data lose so i didn't convert them,to reset the process all over again .