What motherboard?

bunkachunk

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Hi, I'm going to get the AMD 555 dual core and wanted to get some feed back on what would be a nice stable mobo. I was thinking about the new BIO STAR TA890FXE, or the MSI 890 FXA- GD70. I'm not going to unlock cores but will be overclocking. Thanks for the help, bunkachunk..........

Solution
I'm currently using it right now. Build quality is excellent. Plus the features included were nice. Try checking out the reviews. I agree with all of them.

It also have those core unlocking thing but I didn't used it as I've already equipped it with a 955.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
what is the price rang your looking at and are you overclocking? do you need onboard graphics or do you have a vid card? if you're going with vid cards is crossfire/sli a possibility and if so which one? there are way too many unanswered factors to be able to give you a proper opinion...

bunkachunk

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010

yes I will be doing some overclocking, and I will be using my sapphire 5770 vapor x. I'm going to be picking up a second one when I get the mobo. price range is around $150.00 to $200.00

bunkachunk

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010

yes, I was looking at that one also. has all the bells and whistles I wanted. you like it?

bunkachunk

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010

ya they locked the cores for a reason, now all the mobo makers are using the unlocking feature as a selling gimmick. thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into them

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I'm currently using it right now. Build quality is excellent. Plus the features included were nice. Try checking out the reviews. I agree with all of them.

It also have those core unlocking thing but I didn't used it as I've already equipped it with a 955.

Solution
Asrock motherboards are sweet for the price.. But if you are a noob with overclocking then the asrock motherboard might get a little technical as the overclocking options are not as refined as offered by board manufacturers such as gigabyte, msi and asus.. For that reason i'd recommend you to take a look at the asus m4a89gtd pro.. BTW, no matter which board you choose, get rid of the 555 BE as the CPU option as i and others have suggested before..

bunkachunk

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010

ya the asrock mobo 890 fx deluxe 3 was one of the top three on my list. now to the 555, whats wrong with it? its amds top dual core, and I don't need a quad core, I'm not doing anything that would require the extra cores. butt, I was looking at the 955. nice price and may be latter on I will need the extra cores. what I have now is the Intel e3200, bio star g31e-m7 sapphire 5770 vapor x ddr5 1mb, 2gb ddr2 6400 corsair memory, 730w psu, nzxt beta case. thank you all for your help, you can never have enough info on this stuff. I love to do the research and then do the build. I have been trying to decide dual or quad on the processor, can any one give me pros and cons on both? like I said earlier I just do some light gaming, but I want the quality, watching some DVDs and do some surfing.

TRENDING THREADS