Status
Not open for further replies.

devilhanzou

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
So I am upgrading my computer's MB,processor, ram etc... and while I was not going to upgrade my 4850x2 since I have no problems with it I could not help notice how inexpensive the 5770 is. The 5800 series is still out of my range right now but was thinking of buying a single 5770 and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the 5770 is a faster card then the 4850 x2? Obviously the 5770 has directx11 support but I just was really curious if it was a faster card and if I would get improved peformance.

Solution
Your 4850x2 is faster than 5770.
You will be downgrading if you buy 5770.

IMO you should keep the card and buy 5800 Series when prices are in your range.
Yes, I would wait as well. In fact I have a single HD4850 and I am skipping this generation. However after the holidays, I may pick up a second 4850 if they are reasonable and available.

I personally feel there is not much to warrant a purchase from one generation to the next. But that would be a preference that is monetarily motivated. I'm not certain you would see any boost in performance unless you went with a much more expensive card.
If you were purchasing 2 HD 5770's, that would be different...

devilhanzou

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Hey thanks for the advice, ya its funny all these people in the mmo I play have to adjust graphics , problems etc...but no matter what game I can run pretty much max without problems . THe heat the thing puts out though , hell I put a window Ac unit in my computer room just cause of it, well that and the 476 inch lcd I use as my monitor, I will take a look at the 5800, what other cards would you recomend? Any of the 6000 series or any nvidias?

Status
Not open for further replies.