2, count em 2 questions!

Hey

SimPE...I know that you can change the appearance of a selected sim by
using Sim Surgery
but ok...You have the "patient" sim
but what does "archetype" sim mean?
I don't get it
I tried it but the thumbnail or the original sim didn't change to the sim I
put in as an Archetype
what am I doing wrong?
Is there a way that you can just change their hair and not their whole face
or skin??

Maybe this is more than 2 questions..
I'll post it here and see how it goes...

I don't mind the Townie, Lisa
its her hairstyle that has to go
I'm hopelessly superficial when it comes to this game...I guess its a vision
thing..
-sigh-

--
- D

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:13:52 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Hey
>
>SimPE...I know that you can change the appearance of a selected sim by
>using Sim Surgery
>but ok...You have the "patient" sim
>but what does "archetype" sim mean?
>I don't get it
>I tried it but the thumbnail or the original sim didn't change to the sim I
>put in as an Archetype
>what am I doing wrong?
>Is there a way that you can just change their hair and not their whole face
>or skin??
>
>Maybe this is more than 2 questions..
>I'll post it here and see how it goes...
>
>I don't mind the Townie, Lisa
>its her hairstyle that has to go
>I'm hopelessly superficial when it comes to this game...I guess its a vision
>thing..

I know what you mean. I'm dying to customize the Townies--mostly
their clothes. I haven't had time to play with SimPE, though, so I'll
be interested in answers to your questions.

BW

Man I actually found out what I was doing wrong
the Sim Browser lists all Sims in various moving in periods
that's what I concur anyways because that's how it makes sense to me
I mean there are three Cassandras and Cassandra HAS moved house 3 times...so
that's three prints of her
and when I was using Sim Surgery I am almost positive I was using greyed out
characters...the ones that had the little pink and blue boxes..(the memory
holding sim placeholder ...I made up the name myself, don't I make it sound
important?)
and what I can gather you shouldn't use them, they are just memory holders
or something..you shouldn't edit these BTW...there is no point
But now when I go back...and there is only selectable Sims
Ok Madison has a nude skin and Cassandra has the default light skintone..
I am going to play Dr Frankenstein and see if the "only skintone" option
worked
If they can do that...why don't they develop a "only hairstyle" option?
Hmm
Okay off to run more tests!

--
- D

Okay...here is the thing..
You can change the hairstyle of the selected Sim by exporting them to
bodyshop
however I am not sure on how to get the package file opened in bodyshop
since I never use the damn thing

-sigh-

--
- D

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 06:04:05 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Okay...here is the thing..
>You can change the hairstyle of the selected Sim by exporting them to
>bodyshop
>however I am not sure on how to get the package file opened in bodyshop
>since I never use the damn thing

I had a look at SimPE last night, and it looks as though you swap one
Sim for another to change clothes, hair, etc. So maybe you have to
create a Sim that looks like the one you want and then swap that one
for the target Sim. I'll experiment later if I have time. I was
hoping for something as simple as the old SimWardrobe, where you could
just change the f'in' mesh and skin of the target Sim, but I guess
this game is more complicated so the hacks have to be more
complicated.

BW

But don't you swap the whole face? you only get two options
Face only
Skintone only
I don't really want clones in my game
I have enough Townie clones to last me a lifetime (How many friggin Ivy's
are there in this game?)
Cassandra turned out fine...changed her skintone to be a more realistic nude
so that's handy

--
- D

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 04:44:30 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>But don't you swap the whole face? you only get two options
>Face only
>Skintone only

I didn't check either of those. I used Daniel Pleasant as the
"patient" Sim and a custom-made Sim for the "archetype" Sim. Then I
loaded the game, went in the Pleasants' house, and Daniel now looked
like the custom Sim. After exiting the game, I went in the Characters
folder for that neighborhood, and there was a backup file for Daniel.
I deleted the new file for his character, renamed the .bak file to be
a .package file, loaded the game, and the old Daniel was back.

So I know how to use an existing Sim to replace another, but they have
to already exist in that neighborhood, either in the game or in the
Sim bin.

>I don't really want clones in my game
>I have enough Townie clones to last me a lifetime (How many friggin Ivy's
>are there in this game?)
>Cassandra turned out fine...changed her skintone to be a more realistic nude
>so that's handy

I would like to do that to--also to change the outfits of the Townies.

Last night, I used SimPE and got Mortimer Goth into BodyShop and made
some changes to his clothes and facial hair. Now I can't figure out
how to get the new Mortimer in the game using SimPE. Do I have to
import him via Create-A-Sim and put him in the Sim bin?

BW

If you want to make new faces for Sims and not have extra people cluttering
up the neighbourhood it is possible to make the Sims you want in a new or
unused neighbourhood. But you need to use TS2Enhanser. You make the people
and then (you may need to enter the family just once to initiate the Sim
properly) and then you close TS2 and open TS2E, open the correct
neighbourhood and go to the cloning lab to make a clone of the sim. Then you
open the neighbourhood containing the Sim you wish to change and open the
clone file and overwrite the features of the Sim that you wish to be
overwritten.

MM

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 00:34:43 GMT, "Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com>
wrote:

>If you want to make new faces for Sims and not have extra people cluttering
>up the neighbourhood it is possible to make the Sims you want in a new or
>unused neighbourhood. But you need to use TS2Enhanser. You make the people
>and then (you may need to enter the family just once to initiate the Sim
>properly) and then you close TS2 and open TS2E, open the correct
>neighbourhood and go to the cloning lab to make a clone of the sim. Then you
>open the neighbourhood containing the Sim you wish to change and open the
>clone file and overwrite the features of the Sim that you wish to be
>overwritten.

Sounds like almost as much work as doing it with SimPE, if not more
so.

With SimPE, I was able to move Mortimer Goth into BodyShop and change
his clothes and some facial features. Now I should just have to load
the game and use that saved Sim (the altered clone of Morty) to create
a new character in Neighborhood 1. I don't even have to put him in a
house; I changed Daniel Pleasant's appearance using a Sim who was in
the Sim Bin. Once I've done that, I can delete him from the Sim Bin.

I haven't bought TS2Enhancer because most, if not all, of what it does
can be done with SimPE. I used it for the trial period and didn't
find anything compelling. Unless Rick comes up with a super easy way
to change clothing, more like what was possible in Sims 1, I probably
won't bother with TS2Enhancer. Doesn't look like he's done much with
it since he posted the beta in November. I wonder if he lost
interest.

BW

I don't want to play with the Townies but I'm afraid I'm going to have to
the idea is to use the mind control mirror
get them to come into my lot and change the hair using a normal mirror

and that's for the Townies I *like*
the others are getting the flamingo of Doom and Lisa
muahaha

--
- D

"Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com> wrote in message
> If you want to make new faces for Sims and not have extra people
> cluttering
> up the neighbourhood it is possible to make the Sims you want in a new or
> unused neighbourhood. But you need to use TS2Enhanser. You make the people
> and then (you may need to enter the family just once to initiate the Sim
> properly) and then you close TS2 and open TS2E, open the correct
> neighbourhood and go to the cloning lab to make a clone of the sim. Then
> you
> open the neighbourhood containing the Sim you wish to change and open the
> clone file and overwrite the features of the Sim that you wish to be
> overwritten.
>
> MM
>

> <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 04:44:30 GMT, "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> >But don't you swap the whole face? you only get two options
>> >Face only
>> >Skintone only
>>
>> I didn't check either of those. I used Daniel Pleasant as the
>> "patient" Sim and a custom-made Sim for the "archetype" Sim. Then I
>> loaded the game, went in the Pleasants' house, and Daniel now looked
>> like the custom Sim. After exiting the game, I went in the Characters
>> folder for that neighborhood, and there was a backup file for Daniel.
>> I deleted the new file for his character, renamed the .bak file to be
>> a .package file, loaded the game, and the old Daniel was back.
>>
>> So I know how to use an existing Sim to replace another, but they have
>> to already exist in that neighborhood, either in the game or in the
>> Sim bin.
>>
>> >I don't really want clones in my game
>> >I have enough Townie clones to last me a lifetime (How many friggin
>> >Ivy's
>> >are there in this game?)
>> >Cassandra turned out fine...changed her skintone to be a more realistic
> nude
>> >so that's handy
>>
>> I would like to do that to--also to change the outfits of the Townies.
>>
>> Last night, I used SimPE and got Mortimer Goth into BodyShop and made
>> some changes to his clothes and facial hair. Now I can't figure out
>> how to get the new Mortimer in the game using SimPE. Do I have to
>> import him via Create-A-Sim and put him in the Sim bin?
>>
>> BW

My method is more complicated because it enables you to use Sims from
outside the neighbourhood as your templates. I have done the adaptations
using both methods and have found them about equal in complexity. SimPE is
visually threatening whereas TS2E uses sometimes confusing English. Both are
VERY good programs that loose marks on my user friendly meter for different
reasons.

I bought my copy of TS2E because the program for TS1 was so good, and I
don't regret it for one minute. Each of them helps me understand the other -
but SimPE is rapidly out-stripping TS2E for actual abilities.

MM

> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 00:34:43 GMT, "Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com>
> wrote:
>
> >If you want to make new faces for Sims and not have extra people
cluttering
> >up the neighbourhood it is possible to make the Sims you want in a new or
> >unused neighbourhood. But you need to use TS2Enhanser. You make the
people
> >and then (you may need to enter the family just once to initiate the Sim
> >properly) and then you close TS2 and open TS2E, open the correct
> >neighbourhood and go to the cloning lab to make a clone of the sim. Then
you
> >open the neighbourhood containing the Sim you wish to change and open the
> >clone file and overwrite the features of the Sim that you wish to be
> >overwritten.
>
> Sounds like almost as much work as doing it with SimPE, if not more
> so.
>
> With SimPE, I was able to move Mortimer Goth into BodyShop and change
> his clothes and some facial features. Now I should just have to load
> the game and use that saved Sim (the altered clone of Morty) to create
> a new character in Neighborhood 1. I don't even have to put him in a
> house; I changed Daniel Pleasant's appearance using a Sim who was in
> the Sim Bin. Once I've done that, I can delete him from the Sim Bin.
>
> I haven't bought TS2Enhancer because most, if not all, of what it does
> can be done with SimPE. I used it for the trial period and didn't
> find anything compelling. Unless Rick comes up with a super easy way
> to change clothing, more like what was possible in Sims 1, I probably
> won't bother with TS2Enhancer. Doesn't look like he's done much with
> it since he posted the beta in November. I wonder if he lost
> interest.
>
> BW

I have an export file of the Townie ...argh I forgot her name
anyways this is the file name N010_User01058.package
How do I import this file into bodyshop and change her hair/clothes/makeup?
that's the part where I am stuck!
(doing it that way)

--
> My method is more complicated because it enables you to use Sims from
> outside the neighbourhood as your templates. I have done the adaptations
> using both methods and have found them about equal in complexity. SimPE is
> visually threatening whereas TS2E uses sometimes confusing English. Both
> are
> VERY good programs that loose marks on my user friendly meter for
> different
> reasons.
>
> I bought my copy of TS2E because the program for TS1 was so good, and I
> don't regret it for one minute. Each of them helps me understand the
> other -
> but SimPE is rapidly out-stripping TS2E for actual abilities.
>
> MM
>

> <barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 00:34:43 GMT, "Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >If you want to make new faces for Sims and not have extra people
> cluttering
>> >up the neighbourhood it is possible to make the Sims you want in a new
>> >or
>> >unused neighbourhood. But you need to use TS2Enhanser. You make the
> people
>> >and then (you may need to enter the family just once to initiate the Sim
>> >properly) and then you close TS2 and open TS2E, open the correct
>> >neighbourhood and go to the cloning lab to make a clone of the sim. Then
> you
>> >open the neighbourhood containing the Sim you wish to change and open
>> >the
>> >clone file and overwrite the features of the Sim that you wish to be
>> >overwritten.
>>
>> Sounds like almost as much work as doing it with SimPE, if not more
>> so.
>>
>> With SimPE, I was able to move Mortimer Goth into BodyShop and change
>> his clothes and some facial features. Now I should just have to load
>> the game and use that saved Sim (the altered clone of Morty) to create
>> a new character in Neighborhood 1. I don't even have to put him in a
>> house; I changed Daniel Pleasant's appearance using a Sim who was in
>> the Sim Bin. Once I've done that, I can delete him from the Sim Bin.
>>
>> I haven't bought TS2Enhancer because most, if not all, of what it does
>> can be done with SimPE. I used it for the trial period and didn't
>> find anything compelling. Unless Rick comes up with a super easy way
>> to change clothing, more like what was possible in Sims 1, I probably
>> won't bother with TS2Enhancer. Doesn't look like he's done much with
>> it since he posted the beta in November. I wonder if he lost
>> interest.
>>
>> BW

How was the export made? If it's SimSurgery - export then you should just be
able to open the BodyShop and work away at your will. The problem is
twofold.

1. An exported Sim doesn't always have an asterix to show it's one of your
created Sims.
2. If you have a whole pile of BodyShop Sims it can be a real pain finding
this new one.

Solution:
1. Open C:\ . . . My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims and find your
file (with the name you gave it)
2. Create a temporary sub-folder - temp is always a good name for this ; ' )
3. Shove everything that isn't the file you wish to work with into the temp
folder and then open BodyShop

Your file should now be the very first Sim you see.

Remember to put the other files back in the main SavedSims directory if you
want BodyShop or TS2 to see them.

MM

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 03:20:48 GMT, "Madame Mim" <not@realaddress.com>
wrote:

>My method is more complicated because it enables you to use Sims from
>outside the neighbourhood as your templates. I have done the adaptations
>using both methods and have found them about equal in complexity. SimPE is
>visually threatening whereas TS2E uses sometimes confusing English. Both are
>VERY good programs that loose marks on my user friendly meter for different
>reasons.
>
>I bought my copy of TS2E because the program for TS1 was so good, and I
>don't regret it for one minute. Each of them helps me understand the other -
>but SimPE is rapidly out-stripping TS2E for actual abilities.

I expected to buy TS2E for that reason--I loooove his TS1 programs.
But in the small amount of time I had to test TS2E, it didn't impress
me, especially not to the tune of what I would have to pay for it--and
it was Christmas time, when I had too many other expenses. I figured
I would wait until he worked on it some more. I'm still hoping he
will.

I hope to have time at some point to read threads about SimPE on the
Mod2TheSims forum (I think I read that such threads exist), because
most of its functions are like Greek to me. But I think I have
successfully changed Mortimer Goth's appearance now.

BW

I know what you mean BW...
Sometimes I get so frustrated ... grr..
especially when I realise that I'm trying to get Michelle into the game
again...
She's dead...I really should be over it by now..
It can't be done with SimPE so I should stop trying

I am going to try a few things today though...see if I can alter some
Townies
and the forums are great at modthesims2...I should go check! :p
thanks for the reminder!
--
- D

> I hope to have time at some point to read threads about SimPE on the
> Mod2TheSims forum (I think I read that such threads exist), because
> most of its functions are like Greek to me. But I think I have
> successfully changed Mortimer Goth's appearance now.
>
> BW

TRENDING THREADS