Sign in with
Your question

Asus p6t and memory

Last response: in Motherboards
June 22, 2010 10:02:57 PM

Hello,
I have 3x2gig corsair memory
win 7 ultimate, i7 cpu, radeon 1 gig vid.
sysinfo and burn in test only detects 2 gig.
CPUZ detects the entire 6 gig of memory
If I add a 4th stick computer won't boot.
Question: should I rely on cpuz and not worry about it or how can I correct this

PLEASE email me at Asieg_2000@yahoo.com
many thanks

More about : asus p6t memory

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 106 } Memory
a c 249 V Motherboard
June 23, 2010 3:59:11 AM

1) Reread the motherboard manual carefully. There are specific slots that must be used. The orange slots will be first, and they are not the obvious ones near to the cpu.
2) Go to the ASUS web site for the latest QVL list of supported ram. The construction of specific sticks can be important to proper functioning.
3) Check on the latest bios updates. These kind of problems have a way of getting sorted out with bios updates. Do not flash the bios unless you fully know what you are doing, and only if the update will fix a problem you have. A failed flash can render your motherboard permanently useless.
4) Go to the corsair web site and verify that your ram is supported.
November 23, 2010 8:25:02 PM

geofelt said:
1) Reread the motherboard manual carefully. There are specific slots that must be used. The orange slots will be first, and they are not the obvious ones near to the cpu.
2) Go to the ASUS web site for the latest QVL list of supported ram. The construction of specific sticks can be important to proper functioning.
3) Check on the latest bios updates. These kind of problems have a way of getting sorted out with bios updates. Do not flash the bios unless you fully know what you are doing, and only if the update will fix a problem you have. A failed flash can render your motherboard permanently useless.
4) Go to the corsair web site and verify that your ram is supported.

took me some time to get back here. I now have the full 12 gigs of corsair ram. supported by asus and corsair
latest bios
cpuz now shows 4gigs of ram and 8 virtual.
will having the 8 gig virtual be that much less efficient.
a far out question: asus forums say that my aftermarket cooler may be too tight of a bent cpu pin.
I've ruled this out because of cpuz detecting the full 12 gig

thanks for taking the time to respond
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 106 } Memory
a c 249 V Motherboard
November 23, 2010 9:32:20 PM

1) Have you installed the 64 bit version of windows?
Right click computer, and select properties to verify.
2) My cpu-Z v1.52.2 says nothing about virtual.
3) Download and run memtest86+. It has it's own os and will test all of your ram, and tell you how much you have. You should be able to go through a complete cycle with NO errors.
November 29, 2010 11:33:15 PM

running memtest now.
it shows 4 gig of ram but
spd shows 6 slots filled with 2 gig corsair
!