Solved

I have bottleneck?

First of all sorry for my bad English few days ago I bought the graphics card Gts 250 512 MB RAM. I've played some games with it, and doesn't works fine.
This are my computer components:

DualCore Intel Pentium D 925, 3000 MHz
2gb Ram 533
Barracuda 7200.10 320820

I could have a bottleneck?

thanks!
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bottleneck
  1. Whats the problem ?
    A bottleneck is possable, what resolution is your monitor, What games are you playing ?

Mactronix
  2. That cpu would even bottleneck a Geforce 9600 GT. So yes you have a major bottleneck.
  3. pentium= bottle
  4. seitam said:
    First of all sorry for my bad English few days ago I bought the graphics card Gts 250 512 MB RAM. I've played some games with it, and doesn't works fine.

2gb Ram 533
    Barracuda 7200.10 320820

thanks!

OK what did you upgrade from?
    What is the size of your PSU?
  5. seitam said:

2gb Ram 533
    Barracuda 7200.10 320820

thanks!

You definately have a bottleneck. Your CPU does not run well with a powerful card like the 250. Also check your Powersupply, make sure it's 500w+
  6. Sorry for don't reply at time.

I upgraded a 8600gt from this one, I needed to change my PSU and I bought a 600w power supply for this card, so that isn't the problem...
    I have played at MW2 I had normally about 40 but in some places the fps down to 10.
    So I already know the problem... There is a way to fix it? Maybe an overclock at CPU can solve it?

Is my bottleneck so high? How I can know it?

Thanks!
  7. Pentium Ds are 2 Pentium 4s on one chip. They're completely useless no matter what you do.
  8. So I have to upgrade my PCU to increase my fps ins't it? What PCU do you recommend to me?
  9. It's cpu and you're going to have to get a whole new computer.
    Did you build the one you have? Even if you didn't, depending on if you want to or not you could build your own and use the new psu and GTS 250 in it.
  10. No, this PC was manufactured Packard Bell, nowadays is two years old. But what cheaper cpu recoment to me? I have 100 €
  11. Odds are your chipset doesn't support Core 2 cpus so you're basically stuck until you get a new computer.
  12. There must be a difference between the 8600 and the gts250 in performance after all you have 3ghz dual core although it is old tech. Maybe you where expecting to much and remember that some games are CPU intensive not GPU.
  13. rolli59 said:
    There must be a difference between the 8600 and the gts250 in performance after all you have 3ghz dual core although it is old tech. Maybe you where expecting to much and remember that some games are CPU intensive not GPU.

Cpu intensive or not the cpu feeds data to the gpu and Pentium Ds choke in any situation.
  14. You seriously need to build a new PC system. Don't buy the Pre-built PC because otherwise you might have problem with the upgrade path in the future like I had with my old Sony Vaio Desktop PC (sometimes Pre-built PC's case is not compatible with standard ATX sized PSU, thus disabling your PSU upgrade and video card upgrade and the OEM manufacturer (Packard Bell/Sony/Dell) does not offer a PSU with higher power capacity for your model).

You can also wait for cheaper Core i3 Clarkdale (with IGP support) and H57 motherboards to come by early next year or otherwise go with current P55 motherboard and with cheaper Core i5 CPU.
  15. edeawillrule said:
    Cpu intensive or not the cpu feeds data to the gpu and Pentium Ds choke in any situation.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-8800,1357-5.html The link is to an article from the introduction of 8800GTX the GTS250 is only a development of that card slightly faster and more power efficient. At that time majority of INTEL users were using single and dual core pentium D (the core2duo had just been released). The word bottleneck had not been invented so matching the 8800GTX to a dual core was normal. Based on old information like this (have been a reader since the 199x) I will recommend a GPU up to GTS250 to whom ever has a fast dual core from those years. I will not recommend any higher because that high end then was all the cpu´s could handle.
  16. edeawillrule

Quote:
    Odds are your chipset doesn't support Core 2 cpus so you're basically stuck until you get a new computer.

What chipset does you refer to? The chipset of the motherboard? I have upgrated it to a Asus p5gc mx/1333 and these motherboard admid Pentium 4, Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, Celeron D, Pentium D, Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Extreme, Pentium Dual Core, Celeron 400 sequence...

Techno-boy

I bought this pc because it was very cheaper and the components wasn't bad two years ago.

So I need a Core 2 Duo, maybe a E2200 pcu will be a good chance for me?
  17. Best answer
    seitam said:
    Techno-boy

I bought this pc because it was very cheaper and the components wasn't bad two years ago.

So I need a Core 2 Duo, maybe a E2200 pcu will be a good chance for me?

Yes I know that you already bought a Pre-built PC and that you never build one before and that is why I was warning you about the possible issue with upgrade path on a Pre-built PC if you get another new Pre-built PC instead of building it. However, Pre-built PC could be cheaper but you also risk to get spare parts that you don't want. For example, I had problems with my Sony Vaio Desktop PC because I cannot upgrade my PSU and my video card since no new PSU with higher power would fit into my case and Sony did not make any PSU that is higher than 298W for my model. Just to share it with you... ;)

Since you are using Asus p5gc mx (1333 Mhz FSB capable motherboard) with Intel® 945GC Chipset and LGA775 Intel® Core™2 Processor Ready then you still can upgrade to at least Core 2 Duo CPU. So far as I know Core 2 Duo E8400 was sold as the most on Newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037

If you are planning to buy an old Core 2 Duo CPU with 1333 Mhz of FSB then you need Rams with 1333 Mhz FSB capable. So you also have to buy new Rams since your DDR 533 Ram would not be enough for Core 2 Duo 1333 Mhz FSB CPU.

Systems requirements for Geforce GTS 250:

Minimum System Requirements

* PCI Express or PCI Express 2.0-compliant motherboard with one dual-width x16 graphics slot
    * One 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector
    * Minimum 450W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 24A)***
    * Intel Pentium 4, AMD Anthon XP class processor or higher
    * 100MB of available hard disk space
    * 512MB system memory (2GB recommended)
    * Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows XP Operating System (32 or 64-bit)
    * CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive

You might even have to buy a new PSU with at least 450W of power or greater.

However, we still recommend you to build a new system which would worth your money more.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards RAM Bottleneck Graphics Product