Sign in with
Your question

Which Computer Best for Video Mixing, Editing & Graphics

Last response: in Components
February 18, 2010 10:51:12 AM

I m a Grafix Deziner and Video Mixer & Animator i want to buy a ideal pc for my application, i worked with Adobe photoshop, Corel Draw, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4d, etc, i m using P4-2.8Ghz, 1Mb Ram, 80Gb Hd, Intel-D865 Motherboard, but with this system my applications goes slowest i cannot use two softwares at a time, if i used two softwares e.g Adobe photo shop and adobe premier then my system goes slow.

So please tell me the best performance cpu for Video Mixing, Editing, and Grafix Dezining

Thanks.
February 18, 2010 11:45:49 AM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

What is your budget for the new rig?
m
l
February 18, 2010 12:16:10 PM

Build a pc designed for a gamer that should make the jobb,and a good budget for a PC like this is about 1200 to 1500 Euro, good luck.
m
l
Related resources
February 18, 2010 12:33:19 PM

You want a ps system designed for maintream professional applications. The applications you use are cpu and memory intensive. It is not the same as a gaming pc which is graphics intensive.

What is your budget?

Take a look at my configuration at the bottom of this post. It is for mainstream professional digital imaging and video editing. It is not for gaming.
m
l
February 18, 2010 4:43:00 PM

Hi mohsin. I too plan on building a system for video/audio editing. I agree with Johnny, those applications are incredibly demanding for many systems. With OEM systems, you will always end up paying too much money and always end up with a compromise ( sacrifice? ). In building your own system, you end up with features that YOU want, be a better performer, and often won't spend more than you would have for an OEM. Through all the research I've done for my planned build, I've come to a few conclusions. First is, a CPU. A dual core at the very minimum, but a quad core would be best. Personally, I have a crush on the i7 920. Price versus performance, it's hard to beat. For your mobo, well, that is a highly personal preference since every person's needs are different. Asus used to be THE name for mobo's, but I've read far too many threads lately concerning reliability and quality issues. I find myself looking towards ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI boards now. Your power supply should be at least 650 watts. I can't say enough about Corsair. EVERYTHING I've read about them has been nothing but praise. Don't go cheap here! I would want a 1TB internal hard drive. This might seem like overkill, but rendering huge video and audio files, you will find your self needing every megabyte of it. The Western Digital Caviar Black always seems to come out on top. The CD/DVD burner, I'm parcial to Sony, but look at HP as well. I would want at least 6mb's of memory, again for the "headroom" needed for your applications. Personally, I like the Crucial Bullistics Tracer just for the "cool" factor, but again, Corsair consistantly gets top ratings. Everyone is raving about ATI's new 5000 series graphics cards. Personally, I think they are overkill and I've read about driver issues with some of them when used with Vista and Windows 7. I like the ATI 4870 myself. It's great card for your ( our? ) needs. But that won't take care of your video capturing needs from external sources. All of the devices I've read about, including Pinnacle, have poor capture quality and out of sync audio problems, ALL of them, except for one. I STRONGLY recommend you look at the Canopus/Grassvalley ADVC110 or the ADVC300 for your external analog/digital video capturing. I CANNOT EMPHESIZE THIS ENOUGH. These are the only devices I have come across capable of capturing professional quality video and audio for editing. Most mobo's nowadays have good onboard sound for most people, but, where a high S/N ratio's are needed for professional editing, I'm looking at HT Omega for a sound card. There was a time where I had my heart set on the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series card, but I've have read far too many threads here and elsewhere about serious quality, driver, and customer service issues. I simply cannot recommend anything from Creative. Again, though, this won't really solve capturing audio from an external source, it can do the job, but the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 allows for using external analog sources such as turntables, cassette players and MIDI keyboards.
This seems like an extreme system to many, and they might be right. I haven't mensioned any OS's or other software ( you seem to have those bases well covered ), a case or a CPU cooler. Those are all highly personal preferences, but, based on what I've reseached here, your at about $1500-1600. Considering that any OEM system worth its weight will approach those prices and STILL not perform as well or have capablities your looking for, you'll have something that will serve your needs for many many years.
m
l
!