What to do if you filled drive "D"?

jariyoshi

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
Hi, I have a potential problem...I seem to have filled up the "D" drive on my computer. I understand that this is where "System Restore" gets it's data to go back to an earlier date if you have a problem. My question is, what happens if your "D" drive gets filled and how can I get more space on it with out uncompromising future restore capabilities?

jariyoshi

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
Hi,
I did that...uninstalled stuff I haven't used in a long time but it seemed to free up a little space but not really enough to make a real difference. What else can I do?

jariyoshi

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
When I try to open my D drive, my computer shows me a screen that says this is the Recovery partition and not to delete or alter any files here or some things may not work after the change. How do I bypass this?

hmmm, how much space is on the recovery partition? I mean it might not even be worth it if its only like 5g :p

But if you really want to, just realize that if your main windows install messes up, you won't have a recovery partition to help you D: ... thought i assume if you don't touch the obvious files like stuff in "System" and "Windows" you'll be fine

Usually OEM's have a hidden recovery partition and you do not see a drive letter for it.