Sign in with
Your question

Help with Voltage/Speeds on Ram

Last response: in Memory
June 23, 2010 2:50:23 PM

I recently purchased
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Kingston hyperx T1 3x2gig sticks 2000 mhz

Using this with
ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58

The clock speeds are showing 1333mhz. I tried to enable the XMP profile in the BIOS which is show the clocks speeds at 2000mhx however, it wouldn't post, said overclocking failed and I to load the default profile to get it back to working. Would it do this becuase the XMP profile didn't automatically change the voltages?

What I don't get it is when I go to the profile and try to set the Mhz manually it doesn't show 2000mhx as an option, it goes form 1888mhx to 2100mhz ( or numbers very similar to those) but the motherboar manual shows it supports 2000mhz, and lists the ram I have as compatible.

Thanks for any help :) 

More about : voltage speeds ram

June 23, 2010 4:44:39 PM

I did some reading of reviews and what not (perhaps you have too), and I found several people saying that this board was having trouble picking up RAM in certain slots along with RAM being defaulted to lower speeds.

Perhaps it's the board? I dunno, but seems like it could be.

Also, if you don't want to give up on the board, see if you can manually change the voltages yourself.
m
l
June 24, 2010 4:03:04 PM

Yes, i would manually try to change the voltages, speed and timings. Then if it boots, run memtest to see if it's working ok.

If a lot of people are having this same issue with the same motherboard, you could call the motherboard support line. They might know a better way to work around the problem.
m
l
!