Best Chassis and PSU @ $230

+1 what jsc said.

Please list your pc components. It is impossible to make any recommendations if we do not know which components you are going to install. For example, are you going to install a 160mm tall, tower style cpu heatsink? if so, then you will need a case that is wider than normal. That is just one example of many.

Here are the official power requirements for the ATI Radeon HD 5850 and HD 5870 video cards.

ATI Radeon™ HD5850 System Requirements:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® power connectors.

600 Watt or greater power supply with four 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

ATI Radeon™ HD5870 System Requirements:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.

500 Watt or greater power supply with two, 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® power connectors.

600 Watt or greater power supply with four, 75 watt, 6-pin, PCI Express® connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

The power supply recommendations are for an entire pc system.

Corsair and Seasonic are two of the brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty. Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One example would be the Antec Earthwatts series which is a major improvement over Antec’s older psu’s like the Basiq models.

You'll need a case that is long enough from front to back to accomodate the 5850. Luckily the 5850 is only 9.5 inches (241mm) long.

You'll need a case that is 8 inches (204mm) wide to accomodate the Hyper 212

No problem! The Lian Li / Dragon Lord comes in 7 different configurations:

http://www.lancoolpc.com/en/product/product04.php?cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62

Need more bling? Here ya go:

http://www.lancoolpc.com/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=35&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62

jura11

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
For your components i recommend you HAF 922 or 932(amazing airflow and lots of space for components,great for cable management) with OCZ ModXstream 750W,im using in my build(i7 920 overclocked to 4,0Ghz,watercool,2xXFX5870,but i have 850W PSU from OCZ).

abhi_jollyguy

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009