Advice on purchase decision for cooling

ayocam

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Just pruchased a kit with a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P MB, i7 2700K CPU, and an NMXT M59 base with an NMXT fan controller. I was planning on really trying to push the CPU but I read that the MB kind of limits you to around 4.6 and I've read that the i7 can be pushed there without much cooling. So I am trying to decide, should I buy 2 coolmaster LCD 120 or 140mm fans for the top of the case and use a heatsink, or purchase a corsair H100 and mount where the LED fans would go on the top of the case?

Thanks!

coper210

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
If you are on a budget I would just go with the two fans and the heatsink but if you really want to keep your CPU cool go with the water cooling, you will probably get a lot better temps

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

not really,im not familiar with that cm cooler but big air setups will come very close the the likes of the h100 and are sh!t load quieter, i dont like my computer sounding like a airfield which is what all in one water coolers sound like to get better results that the top air coolers, look into hsf reviews on toms, although, you go a custom water loop yeah u will get the lower temps and comparable or lower noise. dunno what you are wanting all that power for with the big o/c, good on ya for doing it but im yet to find games that need much of an o/c with my 2500k

ayocam

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Hey, thanks for all the replies everyone! I did not get any email notifications and thought my topic was ignored! Honestly, the OC won't be for gaming, but just to say I've done it and for the added experience!