msconfig window will not stay open

I have a virus in my startup directory and when I go to
run and type in msconfig the window opens for a split
second and then closes. How can I open to delete unwanted
start up options?
2 answers Last reply
More about msconfig window stay open

    Follow the yellow section on this link:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "m smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a virus in my startup directory and when I go to
    > run and type in msconfig the window opens for a split
    > second and then closes. How can I open to delete unwanted
    > start up options?

    I ran the Trend Micro free scan and it detected the
    following files

    Xi.exe
    plmiz6.exe
    fqctbiG.exe

    Moving these files to my recycling bin and it solved the
    msconfig window disappearing trick.

    I got this link form another forum post I had did on this
    subject.

    The Trend Micro link is

    Drew

Configuration Microsoft Msconfig Windows XP